Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sexing Worried I got a male and Female, can you tell? ( Bad pictures, but I need help!)

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
Hello!
I just adopted 2 babies piggi Worried I got a male and Female, can you tell? ( Bad pictures, but I need help!)Worried I got a male and Female, can you tell? ( Bad pictures, but I need help!)Worried I got a male and Female, can you tell? ( Bad pictures, but I need help!)es, sisters, that are 3 weeks old!
Only problem is I got them home, and am SO SO worried I got a male and a female!
She said she took them to a vet, but I dont know the vet, nor do I know if they were experienced in GPigs or not.
I'm posting pictures of their parts ( sorry they are horrible, I can post better ones in the AM)
Any opinion helps!
Thanks!

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
The first one is the one I think is a girl, and the last 2 are the ones I'm worried are a boy! Thanks!

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
Sorry, I know they are poor quality, I'll get better ones in the morning!

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
The pics are a bit blurry but to me, it looks like the top pic is a girl and the bottom is a boy.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
There are two things you can do. First, turn them both over and compare their private parts. If they don't look the same, separate them immediately.

Second, see Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig. There's more there about piggy genitalia than you ever wanted to know.

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
So as it turns out I have a boy and a girl! =( Going to call the lady I got them from, and try to figure out what to do with the boy. =/

cavy_love43

Cavy Slave
I would have adopted him if I still lived in havelock. LOL

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
Are you sure? At 3 weeks old it can be very hard to tell. Some young females have a little nub at the top of the Y, that many people mistake for where the penis comes out.

Can you actually get the penis to come out?

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
Yes he is all boy. =/ I went to the link posted above showing you how to tell, and it is def true. Movers came today, but if I get a free minute I'll post pics for you guys to confirm.

SRUSTMAN

Cavy Slave
There are two things you can do. First, turn them both over and compare their private parts. If they don't look the same, separate them immediately.

Second, see Sexing Guinea Pigs: How to Sex a Guinea Pig. There's more there about piggy genitalia than you ever wanted to know.

With your help and this link . . . . I have sucessfully been able to sex our piggies! It turns out that we have 2 boars and 2 sows . . not 1 boar and 3 sows!! Oh wow . . back to the drawing board of what to do!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.