Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sad What an awful video....

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
My friend recently adopted a paired of bonded "girls" from a nearby shelter, and Tundra turned out to be a guy......(He is neutered now though) Anyways, Cassidy is obviously pregnant, and yesterday my firned invited me over to get ready for the birth. We baby-proofed the cage, and watched some videos on YouTube about guinea pig births.
One video was very cute, the sister of the new mom was helping to clean her babies, but the second video was awful.
First off, they were in a cage, a big cage, FULL of pregnant mothers and new babies. The one mother the video focused on had 6 pups, and sat on one the entire time. The bedding was pine needles, and you even caught a glimpse of a pokey pine cone in the cage as well. This was obviously a breeder. It just wrenched my heart into my feet.

rsgymjam

Cavy Slave
Aww I'm so sorry for those pigs. No one- much less any animal should go through that.

TwoMissPiggies

Cavy Slave
Poor piggies. I am glad you and your friend baby proofed for the little ones!

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
I think I have seen that video. It was horrible but in the comments I think everybody was angry at least.

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@cheshirekris
Yes the comments were telling and good, some were like "aww" and "how sweet" and "sooooo cute!" Ugh.
Cassidy had her babies last night, at about 2:30am, so no one was awake. Five little buggars! Tundra got renamed to Boulder, since my friend thought Tundra was a pretty girly name. (It could be either I think) :) Annie (My friend) is going to give them to her nieces and nephew who are very able to take care of them since they are teenagers, an 11, 13, and 15. Their parents have agreed to make a C&C, so they will be just fine. :)

cheshirekris

Cavy Slave
Tundra sounds like it can be a boy name to but a very beautiful girl name. I don't know why people would say aww though.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.