Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Guinea Pig is flipping on his side.

Pigsforever

Cavy Slave
Hi all,
During floor time my guinea pigs get under blankets and almost flip on their back but immediately get back up.
Is this just because of how comfortable they are? Or is it more serious?
Thanks so much,

Flipping around, jumping is called popcorning. Means they are excited and happy.

Yep, the way you describe it, it sounds just like happy, happy piggies popcorning. They're excited and having a good time.

If they're popcorning so hard they fall over they're VERY excited and happy.

Do they hop around tossing their heads, and kind of look like little bucking broncos from a rodeo?

Yep, the way you describe it, it sounds just like happy, happy piggies popcorning. They're excited and having a good time.

If they're popcorning so hard they fall over they're VERY excited and happy.

Do they hop around tossing their heads, and kind of look like little bucking broncos from a rodeo?
While we are on the topic of popcorning I took my guinea pigs out yesterday for an extra-special special floor time with lots and lots of room for them

I think they were having fun chasing each other around because they were popcorning a lot I heard guinea pigs can popcorn from stress but it looked like they were happy which is it?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Personally, I've never seen a stressed or upset guinea pig popcorn. That doesn't mean they don't, but I've never experienced one. Mine ONLY do it when they're happy and excited.

If you had them out for floor time and they were chasing each other and popcorning, I can virtually guarantee they were happy and excited about it.

One reason to give large space. I put my 3 week old in a 2x4 cc cage and she was quite the acrobat.

One reason to give large space. I put my 3 week old in a 2x4 cc cage and she was quite the acrobat.

If I remember correctly, she was quite the snuggly pig with you in pretty short order, too. :)

If I remember correctly, she was quite the snuggly pig with you in pretty short order, too. :)

She's more playful and has cut down on snuggles. But when standing up begging for stuff I do get kisses.

Sounds exactly what my little boys are doing now. I don't get much in the way of wheeks any more, however. They're spoiled.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.