Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C rearranging the furniture

teacake

Cavy Slave
Hello,

I was reading a few different threads, and some people suggest that rearranging the furniture in the cage is a bad idea, but I wasn't sure why it would worry the guineas.

Should I decide on a good layout and stick to it, or is it ok to move the houses and things around every so often (mainly to stop one patch of fleece getting damp)?

I've got a 3x5 C&C which looks a bit like this, but with an extra house and currently without the tunnel (they devoured it).
rearranging the furniture

I rearrange the furniture quite regularly, and so do my girls! I move their hidey every other day, and the pair of them regularly move their fiddlesticks bridge round, as well as pull up their carpet (fleece lol). It doesn't stress them out, I think it's good mental stimulation for them.

Thanks for the reassurance lovelies!
Had sudden moment of dread that I had been traumatising my guineas!
I should have realised that they can't be too particular about it, because Tootles moves her house a lot, mainly rotating it, from the inside, so the entrance is closer to the food!

My pigs love when I rearrange everything in their cage, like @Princess_Piggie said it's probably good mental stimulation. If I change even one thing they get all excited and popcorn over to investigate, but every guinea pig is different and some may get upset with change. I think the only reason you really wouldn't want to rearrange their cage is if you had a blind pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.