Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
That one with the little fence is actually kinda cute! Now I wanna try!

kawaiimiyo

Cavy Slave
I just finished a 2x5 cage for my piggies... it still needs more, it's pretty empty and needs more toys and decorations =x but I used up my piggy money for the time being and will have to work on it more later... Eventually I want to add a little loft on the left.... Once I figure out how to do that in a way that the cage can be sectioned off at some point

Let's see your cage Pictures please.

SherwoodPigs

Cavy Slave
That one with the little fence is actually kinda cute! Now I wanna try!

Thank you :) It took a fair bit of effort, we had to find a protective coat that was non toxic just in case anyone could reach it, which I think may have been a bit over paranoid, as they really can't, but I feel better for having done it. I love how it looks in the apartment, and I think it'll look way better when it's totally done

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
Just set up our new C&C cages for our two adopted girls! Snookie & Ming Ming were estactic! They were popcorning, chortling, and running around like crazy! Plus they are fighting less because there is now enough room for them to have two separate areas for eating or sleeping. This was a great experience too because my kids got to help set it up and add their own creativitiy to it. The girls are still in quarantine until they can meet my baby girl Patsy...but they are definitely having a good time while they wait! The cage sits on top of an art table for now in the middle of our sitting room so it looks like one of those museum displays!

[Here is Ming Ming notice the black animal print box...my daughter made that!]Let's see your cage Pictures please.[The hidey hut was from ebay]
[This is Snookie checking out the kitchen area! She really had a great time exploring]Let's see your cage Pictures please.[will change the bedding in kitchen to fleece instead...see no point anymore in having loose bedding that just scatters everywhere...i mean if you are going to wash the fleece anyway then it will cut back the cleaning effort...]

GPlove94

Cavy Slave
Here's my new c&c cage.

Attachments

image.jpg

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
Did you make your own loft or buy it that way? I ask because I noticed you had lots of other entries. Cut. How do you keep it supported? We are toying w the idea of adding one. But I'm concerned about only having one ramp since the girls chase roughly. Thx!

GPlove94

Cavy Slave
Did you make your own loft or buy it that way? I ask because I noticed you had lots of other entries. Cut. How do you keep it supported? We are toying w the idea of adding one. But I'm concerned about only having one ramp since the girls chase roughly. Thx!

I built the loft myself I had originally planned for a 2x2 loft but it took up too much space. I needed room for the ramp so I took the 4th grid off and place it underneath to hold the loft up. And my two boys like to hop & squeak rather than walk. I made the ramp 6 inches wide so they have plenty of room to go up and down and chase. They don't really play up there and chase though since I made it a kitchen area.
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

CavyPrincess

Cavy Slave

I am finally done with my stacked c&c cages. My boys and girls are quite happy. n.n

Sunny

Cavy Slave
Alright, I did the cages AGAIN.
I just hated the stacked cage. It was such a hassle.

So, I put the boys on a stand side-by-side so they can talk. Still 2X3s.

I really like this layout. By far my favorite as of yet.

Attachments

012.jpg

NursePiggy

Cavy Slave
I was inspired by viewing the photos on the thread and also by suggestions made by other members like piggypuppylove...so I changed mine a little bit. Decided I was tired of picking up loose paper pellets and went with an all fleece set up with an added blanket on the area that tends to get heavily soiled...plus the kitchen and sleeping areas are on different sections of fleece even though the pattern is the same. This way I can just change out one or the other depending on how soiled they get. My daughter gets big kudos for helping make the hidey huts from boxes and duct tape!

[This is a full view]Let's see your cage Pictures please.[][This is the kitchen]Let's see your cage Pictures please.[made the hayrack from an office foler holder! works great!]
Let's see your cage Pictures please.[Hidey huts made from boxes and duct tape...hides them well too for you can't see them tucked away!:D]

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
Looks great @NursePiggy I love the duct tape hidey!

mellie_88

Cavy Slave
I was nieve when I first got my girls, so they were in a tiny pet store cage. After finding this forum I discovered c&c cages.
Last week there brand new mansion was built!! Im pretty proud of it considering it was my first attempt. They seem to love it, much more room for them to run around.
Im yet to completely finish it, im going to make some little toys and hidey things for them. Plus a fleece forest I think. But here it is so far! :)Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Triksey

Cavy Slave
I also have an addiction to changing my cages.... this is patches new set-up... he had a 2x3 with upper kitchen but it wasn't big enough for the zoomies he likes to do.... so now it's a corner cage with a kitchen extension.. i've added a post under the open corner now and will put his forest back in today...now of course i'm going to work on something new for the girls...lolLet's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

boofp

Cavy Slave
looking good, love the lights. I wanna do some on my cage but its kinda hard cause I dont use grids around my coroplast. I dont really just wanna put them on the wall either. Might just get them a lamp to put by their cage. (its in my kitchen/dinningroom) I put pictures of both my fleece sets.

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
Here is the cage today a little bit after I cleaned it (and they had time to make a mess!) :) I added a little cat cube that I found at walmart. I added a towel at the bottom and it makes a great piggy cave. George in particular loves it! I moved things around a bit as well, and clipped the hay box to the coro as they have been moving it lately lol

Sunny

Cavy Slave
My pigs LOVE the cat cubes! They popcorn so hard in them that they nearly flip it over.

piggypuppylove

Cavy Slave
@Sunny, haha! My boys DID flip it overlol so I added a grid over it to squish it down and keep it still... Crazy boars.

PhinniePig

Cavy Slave
Everyone has such awesome cages. Mine cant even compare. I have a 2x5 (kinda in an L shape - where a 1x2 section is the kitchen).

Attachments

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

chas25

Cavy Slave
Here's my cage just washed everything today! the end with grey fleece is mismatched because I haven't gotten the matching set sewn yet (I did it in 3 pieces so its easier to wash but I think Ill have to conect it all cause the piggies keep finding ways to burrow underneath oh well) oh and sorry the quality isnt the greatest it wasn't very bright in the room and i took them with my phone

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Swiss cheese

Cavy Slave
Your cages are so great and inspiring!
I made a fleece forest last night, after seeing it here. I can't wait to see how they like it. I'm sure it feels really nice and soft to their noses. Do the piggies ever try to nibble at it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.