Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fur what's your favourite Fur type?

What your favourite coat type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flowering

Cavy Slave
My favourite is Abysinnian with black and gold or ginger fur.
This is mine
Screenshot_2014-08-21-09-42-10.jpg

Here are some pics I found on the internet
guinea-pig-brees-abyssiniansatin.jpeg

images (28).jpg

MLT2007

Cavy Slave
I voted Abysinnian but as far as color goes my favorite is silver agouti. I think it is so pretty. My Penelope is a golden agouti. I think that's a close second for me.

Momto3boys

Cavy Slave
I love the Peruvians and Texels.

Kelly9

Cavy Slave
It is hard to choose! I never really cared for Abyssinian until I owned one and I think her personality changed my mind. I like crested and short haired mostly. Abyssinians are softer, but you have to pet them in a specific way or they get angry, whereas cresteds and short haired are easier to pet, but not as soft.

Silver agouti is gorgeous!

pinky

Cavy Slave
Although Texels and Peruvians are really pretty, I think they're hard to manage with all that fur. I think my preference is for the round faced guinea pigs more than fur type, particularly Teddies with their rough fur, but I've seen Americans, crested, Teddies, Texels with that face, too. Abbies don't appeal to me but it probably has more to do with the personalities of two of them I've had.

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
Abby not to short and not to long. My favorite color would have to be black.

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
I love Abbies! But my favorite would have to be an English/American Crested that is a grey color. They're so cute!

spudsthepiget

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I love crested and coronet piggies. There's just something about that one swirl on their head. My mom had a crested pig, and we always used to joke that it was an on/off button lol

Kiyisha

Cavy Slave
picture070.jpgWIN_20140503_160051.jpg

Excuse the cage please xD this was from quite a while ago before I changed it all around and stuff :) but abyssianfor sure! Bibbles especially (with the black face) has the little cowlicks all over his body, Nibbles has them on either side of his rib cage and he has a mohawk from them on his head, he is just adorable with a little ridgeback, you can see him peeping up over his favorite perch spot lol he likes to sit on his tunnel and watch us, and I am lounging on the bed in hubbys clothes snuggling bibbles, ignore my grungyness, I love the pic i got from Bibbles though, he still seems so tiny but our boys are nearing about 9 months old now! Bibbles is definitely a runt lol

Attachments

WIN_20140526_140730.jpg

piggycuddles

Cavy Slave
I absolutely adore teddies!! I have four,here's one of them, Sheldon! 2.jpg

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Abbyruvian! Here are my two abbyruvian girls, Dagny and Olive:

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Sheba's are my favourite, here is a picture of my boy Theodore (a few weeks after a butt haircut).

IMG_0115.jpg

piggielover200

Cavy Slave
My girl squeaks looks like your pictures :)

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
Abbyruvian! Here are my two abbyruvian girls, Dagny and Olive:

I don't think my attachment worked, at least it doesn't for me. I'll try again:
IMG_4062.jpg

Dagny_Rango

Cavy Slave
@(broken link removed) your Theodore is adorable.

richguinea

Cavy Slave
I love the look of the abyssinian's coat but the sheltie/silkie is my favorite to pet :) It's just too soft and shiny

lost_lover

Cavy Slave
I am a huge sucker for any type of fluffy coat. Truffle was an almost all black Abyssinia and just so so cute. My medium coat crested mixes are of course my little darlings.

Around here you really do not see much a variety in coats. Almost all Americans, then some Abbys. At the rescue I went to there were maybe two with longer coats, maybe abbyruvins. My boys are the only crested I have even seen and they are obviously mixes, they coloring is not 'correct' and they have medium coats, to short to be cornets.

I would love to see all of these different types of piggies in person! I am in Florida so all of the Americans certainly makes sense. Lately everytime a see a tricolor I am just enraptured by them.

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Having had a crested and silkie, I have abby, american, peruvian and texel. Like your children, they are all my favorite, but I love each one in a special way that makes me love them equally. Thats the safe answer right??
But..... if truth be known, I love the coloring of my tri abby, I LOVE my ginger abby chicken as I am a ginger too! My peruvian is just a crazy haired girl, my texel has frizzy curly hair like me so we look a lot alike in the morning. Huck is my hard one. He is lilac with pink eyes. My oops baby who doesn't look like either parent.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.