Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Piggy Massages :)

southernfury

Cavy Slave

Do your piggies like...piggy massages???

Mine do.
Our little girl Reese LOVES massages. She hates being picked up or being held, but she will lay down and fall asleep when i massage her shoulders. It is so Adorable. She even stretches so i could reach her favorite spot. U gotta know a little history about Miss Reese. She has always been a fighter and still is to a point. She does not like being held and she use to bite me really hard...sometimes hard enough to draw blood. She was abused when we rescued her from her former home..so it has taken me a year just to get this little trust that i have gained. So please excuse my super excitement that she will let me give her a massage and that she trust me enough to fall asleep while i do it. My heart melts everytime i rub her shoulders for her. She has gotten to where she doesn't bite, but she will nibble when she wants back down. My fingers thank her so much for that..:) !!
Our other little girls Miss Mocha & Miss Coconut are starting to like massages...they aren't sure about it yet, but i'm getting them warmed up to the idea of getting nightly massages before bed.

Have any of ya ever gave your little piggies massages? Or am i the only crazy massage lady...lol !

Oh my gosh! That sounds adorable!! I've heard of massaging their feet, but not their bodies. I totally want to try now. How do you massage them?

awww i gotta try that. thanks

Oh my gosh! That sounds adorable!! I've heard of massaging their feet, but not their bodies. I totally want to try now. How do you massage them?

;) I just take the tips of my fingers and gently massage in a light circular pattern or just gently back and forth. Reese loves it...!! Now every time i do it, Reese will act like she is almost melting. Its so cute. Most of the time i will use only one hand, but when i have her on my bed, i will massage both of her shoulders. I swear she looks a t me going ..." oh right there momma, u hit the spot."

Try it out on your little ones...hopefully they will enjoy it as much as reese does..;)

awww i gotta try that. thanks

Ur welcome hun. It was something i just started doing to try to get Miss Reese to trust and let me pet her more. Once i found out that she will let me And that she LOVED it....well it has became our nightly bonding moment.

Sounds like it'd feel better than just petting their fur. :) Thanks!

I've only had mine a couple of months so I haven't gained that much trust yet. It sounds so relaxing it is something I will definitely try to get them used to.

Oh my goodness my piggie does this too!! It is so adorable! I massage his back and towards his back hips and he just lays down and stretches out and yawns it is super cute!

My piggie storm will do that if you massage behind his ears it is so cute he will just fall asleep on me now compaired to not even wanting to be touched.

It's funny what a little massage will do..:) ! Reese use to hate being touched...now with me starting to massage her, she has warmed up a whole lot. First i started massaging her while she was eating and was distracted with the yummy veggies. Now she will run up to the cage grids or even chase me down the hallway wanting her massage. And she will make sure she stops right in front of me, so i have to bend down and give her what she wants. :) Now i just gotta get my other girls liking piggy massages..!!

I massage behind my piggies ears all the time and he just falls right to sleep, the moment you remove your hand he pops his head up and give you a look like "uhh did I say you could stop!?" LOL

Flower is all about massages. I always thought it was her thing because I kind of suspect her awkward positioning might cause sore muscles, so I'd massage her neck and shoulders during laptime after we'd do her therapy. She'll just purr and purr and purr, and sometimes she'll drift off to sleep. It's precious.

Awww...I've tried massaging my pigs, but alas, they don't cooperate. Don't you see it feels good? lol

Awww...I've tried massaging my pigs, but alas, they don't cooperate. Don't you see it feels good? lol

It might take them a bit to know "hey this actually feels good, keep doing it momma".
Reese didn't know what to think at first...she would jump away. But once she realized that the massages felt awesome, well now she just melts. :)
Just keep trying it...u will watch ur piggies turn into little piggy puddles..*so to speak*

That sounds like Izzy. I never just sort of pet them, I always sort of trail my fingers along and she just lays out and closes her eyes. I should try gibing her more of a 'massage'

Mine do get foot rubs though, I put aloe on there feet when ever they get a little dry. Then they lay on their backs on my lap until it dries.

It might take them a bit to know "hey this actually feels good, keep doing it momma".
Reese didn't know what to think at first...she would jump away. But once she realized that the massages felt awesome, well now she just melts. :)
Just keep trying it...u will watch ur piggies turn into little piggy puddles..*so to speak*

llol @ piggy puddles. not so sure I'd be into piggy puddles on my lap. :p

That sounds like Izzy. I never just sort of pet them, I always sort of trail my fingers along and she just lays out and closes her eyes. I should try gibing her more of a 'massage'

Mine do get foot rubs though, I put aloe on there feet when ever they get a little dry. Then they lay on their backs on my lap until it dries.

Wish i could get my girls to lay on their back...They freak out and twist like crazy. I stopped trying to get them too, because i didn't want to hurt them. How did you get yours use to being on their backs???

@southernfury if I craddle them just right in my lap, on my legs, they just chill out. I think they need to be put in a well supported comfy spot for it to work.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.