Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage New Cage!

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Before I had my one piggy in a midwest cage. Maple and I were both happy with it. Not much mess, it was big (for one pig), and it was easy to clean. Everything a good cage needs. But that was before I got my second pig, Iris. After introducing her to Maple and putting them in the midwest that had been cleaned and it was neutral smelling. But after a while I realized it just didn't work. It got smelly really quick, there was to much bickering and rumble strutting for it to be normal, it looked cramped, ect. So I decided it would be best to ditch the midwest and get a c and c cage! I looked around my local stores and was able to get c and c grids, fleece, uhaul pads and coro over the span of 2 weeks. I started building it with just connectors. But that didn't work so I tried with just zip ties. It looked really messy and unstable so my mom came up with the idea of making to separate columns and then attaching with zip ties and worked perfectly. So I made my own fleece flippers because they were really pricey on the fleece store. But I think I might order some of the fleece covers in the future. I then put it all together and made a two grid high stand with a 2 by 4 cage on top that has a 1 by 2 kitchen area and a 2 by 3 fleece area for my two girls Iris and Maple. Pictures soon to come!

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
New Cage!
New Cage!The kitchen area.

New Cage!Over view of the cage with Maple munching on pellets.

Sorry Iris isn't in any photos, she likes to make herself scarce when I take pigtures.:)

Attachments

picture023.jpg picture024.jpg

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
It looks so good! Well done! I love your fleece!

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Thank you @MrsGuineaPig! Also just realized that you can see Iris's but in the hay tunnel.

Guinea.Girl

Cavy Slave
Looks great! Do your girls like the hay tunnel? I've been thinking about getting one.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Yes they like biting on the edges. I also put U haul pads on them so their pee wouldn't ruin the hay tunnel.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.