Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New member looking for advice

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
ahhh @bpatters it seems you are forever explaining that the pelvic bones do not fuse, its making me giggle now:p anyway good look with the babies xxxxxxx

Wendy2

Cavy Slave
I'd really like to know how to make my little profile picture one of my piggies, and also how to post links to piggie pics here. Thank you ahead of time!

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
I understand that they don't fuse together and will seperate just before birth. I am just not sure if I am feeling any difference or even correctly. It seems a tad bigger but probably just my imagination! I would like to know how to do the profile pic too. I did finally get pics posted after some advice posted here earlier. I played with it some as my tablet likes to act wonky sometimes. Under the quick reply click the square picture of the tree and you can download from your computer. Good luck!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
@scruffytufty, it feels like I'm forever explaining that the pelvic bones don't fuse. :) And that baby pigs don't need alfalfa. And that romaine doesn't have more calcium than other lettuces. And... and... and...

But that's what forums are like. Everybody thinks they're asking the question for the first time. Or that because they've had guinea pigs a month they know everything there is to know about them. It's just the nature of the program and of the people.

lexi43

Cavy Slave
Well congrats on your upcoming babies. From the looks of mom they are going to be beauties. Our guinea pig just had babies a month ago and we are thrilled with them. It's really great to see them when they're born. They come out full guinea pigs and they start eating and walking around the cage from the minute they arrive. They are so cute you have to love them.

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
Thanks! Still waiting on them to arrive.It should be any time now!

Little One

Cavy Slave
Hope everything goes well for mama pig, and be sure to post lots of pigtures! We do love us some baby piggies :).

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
I will be sure to post pics!!

adelore

Cavy Slave
Your girls are so adorable!!! My heart just melted. I'm so looking forward to the pictures of the new little ones. Yes it seems like it's forever before their born....the waiting seems forever and then one day, she'll surprise you with little ones. :)

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
She should be fine, and she looks as though she is definately a mum-to-be :D
Congratulations!
My girl had a baby at around the same age, due to accident of course ):
I still have her girl baby, and she's turning 1 tomorrow!
The mother died at the beginning of the year though, due to unknown causes ):
minty_with_her_babies_by_kyarii_chan-d4uphoh.jpgmother_guinea_pig_with_her_babies_by_kyarii_chan-d4vr3fd.jpg
Good luck with you're new little family! :D

Rhinos_mom

Cavy Slave
Your girls are so precious! Good luck with the babies!

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
So sorry for your loss Cazzacoconut. What a precious family. I am hoping that my hubby lets me keep any girls she has. He likes them but not as much as my daughter and I. Hopefully when he sees how cute they are!

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
Finally we have babies!!!! Snowflake woke me up just a bit ago with a different kind of squeak. She had just delivered the first one. I was able to watch the other two being born. I still think she looks a bit big but nothing else has happened. She hasn't come out yet so that i can check her out. Everything went well and she did a great job so I guess all is good but I will feel better when she comes out so I can see her well. I will post pics as soon as I can get some good ones. How soon before I can handle the babies? I can't wait to get my hands on those cuties!!

AussiePiggies

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh congratulations grandma! Your girlies are so pretty, can't wait to see the pics ❤️

NJPKL

Cavy Slave

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
Thanks! They are so adorable! I have been watching them all day and debating taking Peanut out for a bit. She is the momma's sister. She has been a little hyper and I worry that she may hurt them. She also does not seem to like them all over her. I think they are trying to nurse. She will approach them and has been fine but doesn't seem to like them bothering her! Another concern is that when Snowflake went to the bathroom a while ago there was a little blood. I assume this is normal, I remember when I gave birth!! Still a bit worried though. She is up and eating and drinking and seems quite good. Is this OK? I have not gotten her out yet to check her over. Didn't want to bother her and the babies. Any advise??

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
IMG_20130405_135655.jpgHere are the new arrivals! Everyone is doing great!

jenwillis212

Cavy Slave
Their hair is kinda curly. Mom's is short and straight. I have no idea what daddy looks like since she was pregnant when i got her.I don't know much about types of pigs but i love their fur!! Will the hair straighten as they get older? They look like little Ewoks!!

NormaS

Cavy Slave
OMG! I am having a cuteness overdose!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.