Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking for home in Maryland for rescue

katiem

Cavy Slave
Hi! I came here 9 years ago when I rescued a Guinea pig, learned so much and didn’t forget you! Now I know of someone else who just took in a Guinea pig who was in a terrible cage and deserted out in the rain. The Guinea is in better shape now but she cannot keep it and is calling the humane society tomorrow. So, that’s why I’m here. I’d love for him/her to go to an experienced home and among other guineas. Please let me know if any of you are interested or have a suggestion. Thank you!

Attachments

BDEC4333-82A8-4220-B33F-CDDCD4270A30.jpeg ABDE3E7E-F537-45A1-8E94-D0151A591EAF.jpeg
Please thank your friend for rescuing this handsome little man. I really can't communicate how much I despise people who abandon animals like this. If you get any updates on how he makes out please let us know.

Please thank your friend for rescuing this handsome little man. I really can't communicate how much I despise people who abandon animals like this. If you get any updates on how he makes out please let us know.
I will ❤️ Thanks for the message. Humans are the absolute worst. The poor thing was stuck in his cage abandoned in a thunderstorm in Baltimore City. It’s pure luck that she even saw him. I’m contacting every rescue within several states & hoping for the best. She’s going to hold on to him a few more days while I try to find him a safe place. If you can amplify this little guy, I‘d appreciate it and I will help anyone with transport if needed

Hi! I came here 9 years ago when I rescued a Guinea pig, learned so much and didn’t forget you! Now I know of someone else who just took in a Guinea pig who was in a terrible cage and deserted out in the rain. The Guinea is in better shape now but she cannot keep it and is calling the humane society tomorrow. So, that’s why I’m here. I’d love for him/her to go to an experienced home and among other guineas. Please let me know if any of you are interested or have a suggestion. Thank you!
I’m afraid there is not a happy ending here. I’ve run out of ideas. There is no one else for me to contact. Not a single rescue even acknowledged my pleas. I’ve called vets in 4 states. I’ve posted in gp forums. I’m stunned and heartbroken. This doesn’t happen in dog rescue and to see that this babies life is so meaningless to people who supposedly love guinea pigs is a compete heartbreak. He was born into a miserable life and it looks like he’ll die soon in a miserable place. And he only mattered to me. So sad I just can’t stand it. I’m despondent. 👋

I would love to help. But I am not even in the same country. I am so very sad to hear that no one has come forward to give this little guy a loving home. Please don't give up hope. He is counting on you.

I am so sorry you haven't been able to find help locally. If your friend brings the piggy to the humane society, wouldn't he have a chance to find a new home? I adopted one of mine from a local SPCA/humane society and she had been there for several months at the time of the adoption. My most recent piggy came from San Francisco Animal Control (city pound) and she had also been there for several months.

That is a very tough situation to be in. I suggest if you haven't yet to perhaps try rehoming on your city or state's subreddit or some local animal rehoming groups. I see people in my local city use these resources with success to rehome animals without the use of a rescue or humane society. A small rehoming fee will ensure the owner is serious as well!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.