Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I need to take a few more since we did this late at night, but Sunday is deep clean day and we had some new toys to add to the cage. I've kept up a garden theme with the girls so far, and I got these cute stickers + the windows from the cage store and added those in. I really want to get the cavy bistro next to go under their loft and hopefully help with some of the cleanup.

Right now the cage is a 2x5 with a 2x2 loft. I really love the new windows, the girls seem to like them, too. I ordered a few things that should be here this week and will update then with some better photos. ^^

View attachment 79767View attachment 79768View attachment 79769

Featuring the lettuce line and snacks I made to make up for getting home so late to deep clean the cage. I don't know why I didn't get a better photo of the loft, will have to add one. ): It's just a small fleece forest with some chew toys and the hidey + puff ball.

I love the wall of windows, I need to do that. I just built my new base with 8 inch wall all the way around because they kept kicking bedding everywhere. I could have lower walls where I have the windows. I miss seeing them watching us in the living room or at my desk in two short days as is.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
New set up electric panel is unblocked...50lb box of hay can be under the cage again(yay!) The only problem is they hate the hay rack and over night the first night in, no hay was eaten from it.

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Jen Monroe

Cavy Slave
I figured you all would get a kick out of our new set up. My poor husband put this together last night and goofed on the measurements for the coroplast...it was late, so we left it on the outside until we have time to cut it down a bit to fit the inside. This is our third cage set up. The first was two pet store cages fastened together...I realized early on it was going to be way too small. Switched that out for a Midwestern and I think now we have the perfect set up for them that fits with the amount of space we have to offer. I'm hoping to purchase some nice fleece bedding soon and will work on the forest a bit tonight. Let's see your cage Pictures please.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I figured you all would get a kick out of our new set up. My poor husband put this together last night and goofed on the measurements for the coroplast...it was late, so we left it on the outside until we have time to cut it down a bit to fit the inside. This is our third cage set up. The first was two pet store cages fastened together...I realized early on it was going to be way too small. Switched that out for a Midwestern and I think now we have the perfect set up for them that fits with the amount of space we have to offer. I'm hoping to purchase some nice fleece bedding soon and will work on the forest a bit tonight. View attachment 80725

With the cage like that, they can not chew on the coroplast.

Jen Monroe

Cavy Slave
With the cage like that, they can not chew on the coroplast.

Do you think it is better this way? Did we just start a new trend? ;) Are there any safety concerns with leaving the coroplast on the outside? I think it looks better on the inside, but I can't bring myself to ask him to fix it just yet.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Do you think it is better this way? Did we just start a new trend? ;) Are there any safety concerns with leaving the coroplast on the outside? I think it looks better on the inside, but I can't bring myself to ask him to fix it just yet.
The only down side of putting coroplast outside the grids is if your pigs like to pee and poop next to the edges or corners, the grids will be very hard to clean.

nikkimac

Cavy Slave
I have made several cages out of C&C and other building materials
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Baylee Cathey

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Sorry it's messy right now! Cleaning day is tomorrow [emoji23] it's a 3x5 with a loft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raene

Cavy Gazer
This is my newest. I've had the cage a few weeks but finally got the fleeces in. The forest is on the lid so it makes a nice hidey when the lid is down. :)

Raene

Cavy Gazer
It didn't upload right in the first picture so here it is!

Margey

Cavy Slave
Hi all,
Here is Nelly and Holly in their cage. (MW)Yes they have 3 hideys because sometimes they don't get along! And the cardboard along the back of the cage is simply to keep unwanted hay from falling out the back. ~MargeyLet's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Last edited:

Mike221

Cavy Slave

Here is the cage for our new piggy...Only 1 baby boy living here now, soon he will get some company

Mike221

Cavy Slave
I would get rid of that hay roller I have heard of piggies breaking their legs from getting caught

Yea I probably will. He doesn't want to eat hay out of there. His pile of hay just lays in the corner

Margey

Cavy Slave
Wow that's huge! I wish I had the space to do something like that for my girls!

new2piggs

Cavy Slave
Okay so here is what I hope is my final configuration for our cage. It's basically a 2x5 with a 3x1.5 attached to it and then a 1x2 loft. We have foLet's see your cage Pictures please.ur sows in it right now.

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
Very cute cage!!!! I have to get my picture up soon, still haven't put the finishing touches on it yet.

Rosie Boddy

Cavy Slave
my piggies are so messy compared to everyones. this is my boys cage after the have had new fleece down for a few hours.
4ft by 5ft

and then this is my girls cage

a 3ft by 6ft

Attachments

IMG_0822.jpg

ch0pstikx

Cavy Slave
My 3 de/reconstructed Midwest set-up. One of my adopted piggies came with a Midwest cage, but I wanted more floorspace and fewer ramps and this is what happened. :)
(Pardon the cords on the wall, they're usually taped up and had fallen down right before the pic was taken. The pigs can't reach them, there's able 3 inches between the cage and the wall)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.