Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

clmyers31

Cavy Slave
Has anyone tried using disposable potty pads under the fleece? I want to try it but I'm afraid they might want to chew on the plastic edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Rebecca

Cavy Slave
Has anyone tried using disposable potty pads under the fleece? I want to try it but I'm afraid they might want to chew on the plastic edges.

I used puppy potty pads under fleece and they did chew it a little. After that I would put a towel on top of the potty pad and fleece on top of the towel. Now I just buy cage liners because they are so much easier to use.

silverblood

Cavy Slave

I also used potty pads for a long time. They're a bit of a hassle sometimes, but if you leave the fleece a little larger you can fold the edges of the fleece under and around the edges of the potty pads so they can't get to the edges easily. Mine also chewed a little when they burrowed the edges back, but it never hurt them.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

barbaramudge

Cavy Slave
New cage for the girls. Now they are on the first floor with us. Design flaws abound but it's a good start. May go back to fleece.
Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Piggiemommy2

Cavy Slave
upgraded our cage system to a 2x6 so all 4 piggies are happy! Mommy daddy (he is nurtured) and their baby girls! Cage still isn't finished yet working on all the details! Want to make 2 fleece forest but have no idea how [emoji4]

aseycay

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

I have three girls. This is their setup. :)

Kelvin Casing

Cavy Slave
New penthouse! :D

aucarruthers

Cavy Gazer
Hi can you tell me what you line your piggy cage with on the sides? I'm trying to figure this still out
Thank you
Andrea

wheekermommy

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.
My first cxc cage for my Luna and Little Bear! It is a 2x6 with fleece flippers and a homemade coroplast kitchen. The first couple of pictures are my initial set up. In the last two you can see my most recent cage layout with the fleece forests separated and a little loft for the girls to sleep in. They are still getting used to each other so I try to make sure I have two of everything including hay areas. I am worried they don't have enough run space though, any thoughts?

aseycay

Cavy Slave
The second picture is the cuddle sack I made my dog. I make them with one inch thick batting in them. I also hadn't top stitched the liners to keep the uhaul from moving yet.

I love those big thick cuddle sacks you made. Do you sell them?

silverblood

Cavy Slave
I love those big thick cuddle sacks you made. Do you sell them?
Sorry, I don't sell them right now, but I'm in the process of trying to start an etsy shop for my Guinea pig products. Can I ask how much you'd honestly pay for something like this?

Last edited:

silverblood

Cavy Slave
My first attempt at a hooded bed for my pigs cages. I hope they like it!

guineaomega

Cavy Slave
my girls are currently in two midwest cages put together - i recently ordered a second one to attach to the first and they seem much happier with more room...not as impressive as some of the cages in this thread though!

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
My first attempt at a hooded bed for my pigs cages. I hope they like it!

Omg! This looks fantastic! Did you follow a pattern?

SnickersRumbles

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please. These are my boys cages and of course there all eating the hay together lol

silverblood

Cavy Slave
Omg! This looks fantastic! Did you follow a pattern?

I actually went a head and made my own. The cuddle sacks a few posts above are from my own pattern as well and I just finished a cube house with foam in the walls too. It's much cheaper in the end to buy your own materials and make everything you can from them.

KristenMatejka

Cavy Slave
I actually went a head and made my own. The cuddle sacks a few posts above are from my own pattern as well and I just finished a cube house with foam in the walls too. It's much cheaper in the end to buy your own materials and make everything you can from them.

So you just drew up your own pattern? I wish I was confident enough to do that. yours really looks good!

silverblood

Cavy Slave
So you just drew up your own pattern? I wish I was confident enough to do that. yours really looks good!

I think I could figure out how to scan my pattern in since I have a scanner. I just have to make it the right scale. If you want I can let you know if I figure it out if you want to give the pattern a try.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.