Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Help my baby girl reese has this thing on her

Cori Bear Cmb

Cavy Slave
This my guineapig reese I have had her for few years now n Idk what this is n I have no money to get to the vet I was wondering if I could help me out of u know what this is n if I can treat it or not ? I'm very worried bout her she is my baby girl I love her to death please help

Do you have any pictures?

Pictures would be nice, but it could be an ovarian cyst. What does it look like? Can you describe it to us?

Yes bout im new to this n I don't know how to get the pic on

On the reply, there's a little picture on the menu bar. If you scroll over it, it says "Insert Image". Then click it, and click "Upload files" To upload the files from your computer.

Help my baby girl reese has this thing on herThis is it

Hmmm... what does @bpatters think?

Thank u so much

Thanks for the help im really worried bout her

Looks to be some sort of tumor or cyst. I agree with @BaconAndEggs, @bpatters may have a better guess at this.

@Cori Bear Cmb How long has she had this? Has it gotten larger?

I'm I found it today Cuz I was ganna trim her hair n I seen idk know how long she had it n it's weird Cuz I always pick up n play with her n I haven't noticed it before n I always clean her cage n make sure she clean n stuff

From this morning it's still the same size

Honestly, it looks like a tumor to me. I am no vet, though, and have never had a pig with this problem. You can wait for someone who has experience with these types of things to respond, of course.

All in all, though, it will result with being told she needs to see an exotic vet to be 100% sure what it is and what can/should be done.

If I had the money I would take her I've be stressed over this all day ��

If I had the money I would take her I've be stressed over this all day ��

Maybe there is an exotic vet who will accept payments? My local exotic is very understanding and flexible. Not all are, though so you if you have a rescue or animal shelter around you, give them a call. They might be able to help you. It definitely wouldn't hurt to call around and ask. Definitely go with someone who has experience and knowledge of guinea pigs.

Thank you so very much

Where on her body is it? It may be a big sebaceous cyst, or an infected grease gland.

I agree with bpatters. She should see a vet sometime soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.