Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Alaskan GP owner

Einstein

Cavy Slave
Hi!

These guys are

Einstein is a coronet, and he just came off craigslist. He's got the best hair, and is huge.

Alaskan GP owner

Alaskan GP owner

Then there's Celeste, a tricolor* american and she came from the pound. She's really tiny.

Alaskan GP owner

Alaskan GP owner

And Elsa, who came from a stupid 'rescue' that neglected their animals. She's called Elsa because Einsteins wife was Elsa, not because of the movie, lol. She's more the size I'd assume a normal guinea pig would be. Not sure what she is, an american crested I assume but her fur is sorta long.

Alaskan GP owner

Alaskan GP owner

Don't have any good pics of them together, but here's Einstein and Celeste munching on some lettuce.

Alaskan GP owner

this was when they were just being bonded and Celeste was terrified so she just froze while Einstein ate all the food. But they're good now.

*i don't actually know if tricolor is the correct term for her, but it's what I've been using.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Adorable herd! Is Einstein neutered?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
The tricolor is referred to as TSW -- tortoise shell and white.

BaconAndEggs

Cavy Slave
How cute! Your herd are beautiful!

Einstein

Cavy Slave
Adorable herd! Is Einstein neutered?

we were told he was.. No babies yet, so let's hope that's true, lol. Haven't seen any mating behavior either so I'm not terribly worried

@bpatters

Thank you. Wouldn't have guessed that. Her color seems too 'clean' to be tortoiseshell (since tortoise usually looks like a mix of color, than really just a patch here and there, if you get that...)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Bear in mind that I'm no expert on guinea pig color. I was just told that's what they were, and several websites seem to bear that out. But I'll admit I haven't done much research on it. I'm sure that somewhere there's a listing of guinea pig coats and what they're called.

foggycreekcavy

Cavy Gazer
I love pudgy pigs!

pepperbelle

Cavy Slave
I love them! Wheek wheek!

ThatGirlMarie

Cavy Slave
I would also call her a tricolor or TSW like @bpatters said. I have a girl that looks VERY similar to her and the guinea lynx site uses the same term. Tricolor seems appropriate because they're three different colors but I think the official term is TSW.

https://www.guinealynx.info/coat.html#american

Also, Einstein is handsome! I want to cuddle him ^.^

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Einstein is just gorgeous. He's colored like my Amy. I wish I could find a neutered boar like him so she and Quinn could have a boy toy.

Einstein

Cavy Slave
I believe y'all are right, her being a tortoiseshell white. I guess I'm just used to tortoiseshells having more scattered color placement, instead of very neat patches.

thanks, I do think they're all very cute too ;)

Sadly, I believe I've made a sad discovery. I'm allergic to Timothy hay. So I've got a 50lb bale I need these guys to go through, lol.

Got a decent pic showing the size difference.. excuse the small cage, I'm upgrading them in these next few days.

Alaskan GP owner

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.