Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My Piggie Has Been Sold on..

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
i have spent the past three months preparing for them, and i spent 7 months preparing for my previous piggie, and pinky has posted on some of my other threads, and all you have to do is search for my name to see all my threads, and that last post was for pinky, sorry if anyone else got offended, i didn't mean for it to come out that way, i have said begore that i do not plan to get any piggies RIGHT NOW and the place we moved into recently won't let us... here is the situation

right now we are renting from my godfather, he has agreed to let us have the piggies indoors during winter, but we haven't moved in all the way yet, because the truth is that he is a chauvinistic pig who thinks that all girls are there for is t keep them warm at night.. he is peed off because he thought he could ge in with my mum, but they are basically cousins, so she made it clear that she wasn't interested, now he is being difficult, so we may decide to move out again, that s why i will not be getting my piggies NOW but i will be getting some in the future, and the piggies i will be getting aren't actually born yet, they are due next week, its a 'my friend has a friend' scenario i am afraid,

it is really hard waiting, so that is why i want everything to be perfect for my piggies! i would never bring them into an unstable environment!

the piggies i will be adopting are not going to be ready to be adopted until after the i get back from my dads, so that gives me time to sort out supplies, locations and everything, as we should be done by the time they are ready, and we will probably visit them in between so they get used to us!

xx thnk you for your kindness and the soon - to - be - mine piggies to be safe and well and loved!

2198lindsey

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Is your friend's friend a breeder?

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
no, of course not! her landlord decided to make a no pet rule as he found out he is allergic..

i know that breeding is horrible for guinea pigs! i know it is dangerous and painful

Last edited:

2198lindsey

Cavy Slave

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
she bought it from a pet shop unknowingly, she already came with a baby, but she found out she was pregnant again.. two piggies..

ginipigsinspace

Cavy Slave
the piggies i will be adopting are not going to be ready to be adopted until after the i get back from my dads
I guess I am also confused: when will you be back from your dad's and will you still be living at your godfather's, where the pigs will have to live outdoors (except during the winter)? Based on the timeline you've provided, it sounds like you will be in the same place, and I believe that is why people are concerned. It's one thing to find a way to take care of pigs you already have; it 'a quite another to acquire new pigs when you don't have an appropriate housing solution.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I guess I am also confused: when will you be back from your dad's and will you still be living at your godfather's, where the pigs will have to live outdoors (except during the winter)? Based on the timeline you've provided, it sounds like you will be in the same place, and I believe that is why people are concerned. It's one thing to find a way to take care of pigs you already have; it 'a quite another to acquire new pigs when you don't have an appropriate housing solution.
I will be back from my dads on the 17th of August, we are unsure as to where we will be living then, that is wh we will not be buying the piggies until we are certain, but we have found a deal for £50 where you get the cage+vetbeds+accesories+bathing care+food and Hay, as well as the piggies, as someone is selling their piggies on gumtree, we most likely take them straight to my other friend who is going to take the piggies who come with the cage+ other stuff, then go and pick up our baby piggies! they will then come home with us, and they will have all that they need! everything is fine, no need to be confused or worried!

xx

ginipigsinspace

Cavy Slave
we most likely take them straight to my other friend who is going to take the piggies who come with the cage+ other stuff, then go and pick up our baby piggies!
Is there a reason you won't keep the pigs that come with the cage? What size is the cage? What kind of food? Also, what happens if you are still in the same location when you return? Sorry for all the questions. It just seems odd to me that you wouldn't just start the process of getting pigs when you know for sure where you will be.

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
Honestly I don't think you should be looking for or getting ANY animals if you do not have a secure long-term living situation. It is extremely unfair to any pet that you bring in to your life. I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like your housing is somewhat uncertain and that is definitely not the place to bring a pet home to. It doesn't matter what you want, you should put the well being of the guinea pigs before yours. If that means you have to wait a while to get guinea pigs, it means you have to wait.

Also why are you getting guinea pigs to just give them away? Does the person you are buying them from knowing you are buying their pets just for the supplies and then pawning them off on someone else? If I was re-homing an animal I would not be selling it to someone who had plans to do that.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Is there a reason you won't keep the pigs that come with the cage? What size is the cage? What kind of food? Also, what happens if you are still in the same location when you return? Sorry for all the questions. It just seems odd to me that you wouldn't just start the process of getting pigs when you know for sure where you will be.
yes, my friend wanted boys and i wanted girls, so we compromised and she took the boys for me..
and i understand, but we do have another place lined up that will let me have pets(not inside unless its a cat or dog) so that is fine, we only have our essentials at my godfathers, so we will be fine, we won't get the piggies until everything is completely sorted, and my friend is happy to keep them as long as possible! don't worry..

the cage is a (broken link removed) they bought it from this site I believe!

the food is oxbow and the hay is timothy enough if each for 6 months!

a great deal i think!

elfje

Cavy Slave
If something is a great deal, that doesn't mean you have to get it.
If I were you...I would probably want a couple of guinneas a.s.a.p. But it isn't fair to them if you have an unstable living situation. I know it must be difficult...piggies are adorable...but I think you better wait until your own housing situation is stable and then provide a good place for some adorable pigs. And then, when all is settled, you have time to spoil them rotten!
...but I do understand that you rather want them sooner than later....
Good luck!

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Honestly I don't think you should be looking for or getting ANY animals if you do not have a secure long-term living situation. It is extremely unfair to any pet that you bring in to your life. I'm not trying to be rude but it sounds like your housing is somewhat uncertain and that is definitely not the place to bring a pet home to. It doesn't matter what you want, you should put the well being of the guinea pigs before yours. If that means you have to wait a while to get guinea pigs, it means you have to wait.

Also why are you getting guinea pigs to just give them away? Does the person you are buying them from knowing you are buying their pets just for the supplies and then pawning them off on someone else? If I was re-homing an animal I would not be selling it to someone who had plans to do that.

i am not pawning them off, i am giving them to a friend(but yes, they know) who has the same cage as me, and i may decide to keep them, also i have mentioned before that i will not be getting them until i am sure of my living situations, i understand, and if my situation wasn't what it is i would have them now! but it isn't, so i don't can everyone please top criticising me? i am really stressed right now, and think i am gonna take a break from this site, as some people seem a little hostile, or not bothering to read fully what i am saying, and completely mis interpreting me, so i am gonna be clear here

I am not purchasing any guinea pigs until i a completely certain of my living situation, where my piggies will be living, and until i am back from holiday..

does everybody understand??

i am sorry to those who only tried to help, and i hope you al remember, that i am still grieving from the loss of Felix, and he will always hold that special place in my heart that is my first guinea pig ..

i will always love him.

xx

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry your going through this but I think everyone is just a little confused (I know I am).

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Slave
I think we're all a little confused too. Given that you have multiple threads with bits of info here, there, on this thread and then that thread, it's hard to keep track of what the updated situation is.

I'd also make a point of saying that any criticism you recieved was constructive, and given in good will as it was all focussed on animal welfare.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
:love::love::love:sorry, i don't mean to confuse anyone, but i think my above post explains everything:

i am currently living with godfather.

may move out as he is really annoying and sexist and a chauvanist pig..

have some piggies ready for adoption, the will be ready by the time i get back from my fathers on holiday

i am getting them with all the supplies needed for £50;
2 male guinea pigs!
cage was bought april worth £140 c&c
+ smaller cage
bedding is vet bed washable worth £120 two loads so when ones used one can be washed.
enough hay for 3 months (timothy)
pelets worth £30 huge bag will last a good six months. (oxbow)
brush and bath for them.
i'm getting rid as landlord has made rule no pets.

i have decided i will keep the boys, they are too cute!!Look at them!!!
My Piggie Has Been Sold on..
i will not be getting them until everything is certain!! and sure, they have another buyer on standby if we have a change of plans..

I do understand that you were all trying to help!

Hope that clears everything up for you!:love::love::love:

xxxx

here is the link!
https://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/two-male-guinea-pigs-complete-set-up/1073174132

Last edited:

lissie

Cavy Slave
but we do have another place lined up that will let me have pets(not inside unless its a cat or dog)
I'm a little confused. Did you mean they won't let you keep the pigs inside?
If your backup plan is to keep them outside, I wouldn't get the pigs at all.

I was fine with the shed idea for your previous pigs because you already had them. If outside shed was all you could do, it's better than nothing. Since you don't have any pigs now, I wouldn't recommend getting them at all unless you are sure you can keep them inside.

Edit to add:
By the way, the cage in the pic looks like it's only 2x2 with one grid add on for the ramp landing, with a 1x2 loft. That is too small. If you get the cage, use the grids to make new layout and put in a new coroplast (correx).

Last edited:

pinky

Cavy Slave
I think you're putting the cart before the horse. I'd wait until after you move and then evaluate your situation. If you can keep them indoors once you move and are able to provide food and vet care, then I'd set up their cage, purchase your supplies and then start looking for your guinea pigs. I think there are still a lot of uncertain variables in your situation so you're better off waiting until you're settled.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
that is a picture of the corber of it, it is much bigger! lol it is the one in the link!+ an extra foot of loft!lol

lissie

Cavy Slave
that is a picture of the corber of it, it is much bigger! lol it is the one in the link!+ an extra foot of loft!lol

Can you post a pic of the whole cage?
I don't think they bought it from the cage store. It would be very expensive to ship from USA to UK.

LilliAndFelix

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
i don't have a whole image.. sorry, they just sent me that link.. and they didn't say specifically where they got it.. i think it might have been here, dunno..

sorry!

xx

p.s. how do you lock a thread yourself? without a moderator?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.