Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

would they allow me to adopt again?

Guineahamster65

Cavy Slave
I apologize if this post is in the wrong place. I have a little concern. In September I bought oreo and cookie dough from the SPCA. Oreo passed away last night from natural causes and I saw a female for cookie dough (he is neutered). Since I would be adopting from the same place do you guys think they would allow me to adopt again. I am a minor and my parents have signed the form,but I feel like they will think I am an irresponsible kid. I would like your opinions on this. I fell in love with that piggy should I just adopt from somewhere else. It really doesn't help either that the piggy I want to adopt name is oreo. Will they think I am replacing him? I am sorry for bombarding you with questions but I want you guys opinions. Thanks in advance.:love:

No, they won't think you're replacing him. They'll think you're getting a needed pal for your current piggy.

But, you need to be sure you know why Oreo died, if you can figure it out. If there's a possibility that something infectious caused it and the new pig could catch it from your environment, you'd have to be sure it was thoroughly cleaned so there's no chance of contamination.

On that note, what happened to Oreo? Did he have symptoms before he died? How old was he?

No, they won't think you're replacing him. They'll think you're getting a needed pal for your current piggy.

But, you need to be sure you know why Oreo died, if you can figure it out. If there's a possibility that something infectious caused it and the new pig could catch it from your environment, you'd have to be sure it was thoroughly cleaned so there's no chance of contamination.

On that note, what happened to Oreo? Did he have symptoms before he died? How old was he?
No he didn't I made a thread about it called sudden death. He was perfectly healthy. No signs of illness. I cleaned the cage with hot boiling water baking soda and vinegar. I threw away the fleece he passed on and washed everything. Should I do more?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.