Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

She seems to be. Since she's a lone pig, I give her lots of loving and always say something when passing through the living room in the way to or from the kitchen. I also usually say something to my gerbils. :)

Here is my alternative cage! All panels on the front are removable for easy cleaning, the bottom slides out and both lids can be removed. We converted it from an old desk! It cost roughly $70, and was well worth the effort. It is the same size as a 2.5 x 4.5 on each level. No hidies in these pictures, as we had just done a cage clean and everything is in the wash! I am also making fleece flippers, and will post better photos when they are done, and hidies are in.
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Cool cage!

Here is my alternative cage! All panels on the front are removable for easy cleaning, the bottom slides out and both lids can be removed. We converted it from an old desk! It cost roughly $70, and was well worth the effort. It is the same size as a 2.5 x 4.5 on each level. No hidies in these pictures, as we had just done a cage clean and everything is in the wash! I am also making fleece flippers, and will post better photos when they are done, and hidies are in.
View attachment 56320View attachment 56321

Love the soda bottle for water bottles. So cool xD

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please. Cage cleaning day. I hadn't put all of their toys in yet, but they have since re-arranged everything so it doesn't really make a difference

our new cage layout - we've took the 2x1 upstairs and put it on the side, the girls were fighting on the ramp too much it worried me one might fall, they like this much better... (I can't figure out how to rotate it sorry)
Let's see your cage Pictures please.

our new cage layout - we've took the 2x1 upstairs and put it on the side, the girls were fighting on the ramp too much it worried me one might fall, they like this much better... (I can't figure out how to rotate it sorry)
View attachment 56409
LOVE it!
How did you do the loft?

The grey hut thing? I just made it from wood I had in the garage, they love running up the ramp so they can see out - we covered it grey fleece so it was nice and cosy for their feet, I'm putting some coroplast on the inside so when they wee it doesn't rot the wood.

I'll have to make that for the travel cage! It is such a smart idea!

They love it, they had a smaller one when the cage was the other way but I made it bigger for them so they can both stretch out under it :)

It is perfect!

Here is the future cage of Penelope and Winifred :D 2x4 with 2x1 loft and kitchen. Still trying to decide if I like the ramp like that. Planning on doing wood pellets in the kitchen, fleece in the common area, and am undecided for the loft. Any ideas?

As you can see from my pic above, we decided to get rid of our upstairs, I thought it was fab at first but it's just not as practical as I thought, that's why we put it on the side instead. Lexi would always head but under the ramp when Lily was on it, she's naughty.
We had a lot of fights because our ramp was narrow and they'd always want to going up/down at the same time, your ramp takes more room but looks better for avoiding collisions halfway up lol

Hehe love the fleece design!!

:) Thanks, very girly haha.

My first C&C cage and 2 curious dogs. I can't figure out how to make the cage stable. It seems the two levels makes is wobbly. If you have recommendations please let me know! I'm still organizing everything. It cost me around $80 because of the lid and extra grids for the 2 level stand.

I can't figure out how to make the cage stable. It seems the two levels makes is wobbly.

Did you use cable ties on your cage? If not, I highly recommend doing so. The grids could shift and come apart.

Add cable ties to all connecting corners, like this.
(broken link removed)

You can also add wood for support.
(broken link removed)

Metal bars for closet organizer shelves will work too.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-ShelfTrack-84-in-Standard-2812/100194576

I do have zip ties. But the wood part is a good idea. I will have to add those. Thanks!

Almost ready for Penelope and Winifred tomorrow! I just will need to get their food on the way to get them. ♡♥♡ I moved the kitchen to the opposite end. Can't see into the kitchen but they have two food bowls one for veggies and one for pellets, a snoopy bowl for water, and the yellow piece will be for hay.

but I did add the hot pink fleece which my 5 year old grandaughter insisted they would be happerier with:D.

Did you make the fleece liner yourself? If you did how did you do it. I've been wanting to make mine like that just not sure how to.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.