Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Pee on bottom

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
One of my sows keeps getting pee on her butt. It’s not always wet, just sometimes, as I’ve been looking for it the past few days. I just watched her pee and she peed normally and the fleece did not whick immediately, it took a few seconds. I picked her up and there was a small wet spot on her butt from it. She just had an x ray at the vet last week for a leg injury, and he specifically told me they got a full body x ray, mentioned she looked good overall, so I think I can rule out stones. She’s not showing pain while urinating either, and while her pee has a slightly stronger smell than her sister, it still smells normal to me. My other sow drinks a lot more water than her. Do you guys just think I’m paranoid here? They are 5 years old. I have seen it on my other sow recently too, just not as often as her, although I haven’t always checked for this.

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
This is what I mean. Last night my other sow had a wet bottom too.

Attachments

9DE359F5-D179-47CA-B0B8-F68D26297F0F.jpg

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
If she was sitting in the pee while the fleece was working on wicking, maybe that is all it is from. Has it happened before?

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
I did go to the vet, well I’m there right now. He took a sterile sample of urine and he did see some white blood cells, so it’s a UTI. I appreciate your response regardless!

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
Also, @4boipigs, I do think that the fleece not whicking fast enough in some spots/her being too close to the floor is part of the problem.

Jake8771

Cavy Slave
I’ve now realized that it was from her peeing and sitting/laying on the hay when I put too much. If I put too much down it just sits on top of the hay.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.