Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions Feeling so discouraged :(

Scarlet

Cavy Slave
Hi all!

I had a lone female piggy (Charlotte) and I believe she is roughly around 6-7 months and we decided she needed a friend so we ended up adopting a lone skinny pig (Pinky) clean bill of health and all we figured it was time to try and introduce the two. Charlotte and Pinky spent most of the time "huffing", chattering, and anytime they got really close Charlotte would go at pinky. It was extremely hard to watch but I was just not able to let it continue as Pinky ended up with a couple battle scratches.

Im feeling like I've failed both of them. I've read and even watched YouTube videos on introductions and they all seemed to go so well.

i don't know what to do :(

PudgePig

Cavy Gazer
I second @bpatters suggested link, it's a wonderful resource.I recently introduced a trio and it was a stressful week or so after they were living together before things started to really settle down. They still rumblestrut and chase at times and it's been over a month.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.