Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior Why does she do that?

galya137

Cavy Slave
One of my piggies, Chalupa, does this weird thing I cannot understand! I have a store-bought large pigloo, with little castle-like rectagles sticking out of it on the top, which is empty rectangle space from the inside of the pigloo. I hope I'm explaining it easy enough to understand... Well, anyway. What she does is, stick her little nose up from inside the pigloo and scratches that space with her teeth. She does that all the time! And it's not to move the pigloo from the side, but she just enjoys just trying to take either a bite out of it, of scratch it with her teeth in general? My other pig has no interest in this strange activity.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! :)

Some times I will catch my oreo doing the exact same thing. You might want to try adding some more wood things in her cage to chew on.

Mr. Whistles did this. But he did this to EVERYTHING. His bowls, water bottle, cage sides, other hidys, etc etc. I think this is a way they mark what is theirs?

Thing is, she does NOT chew anything else. (actually, i catch her guilty little piggie face doing this to coroplast. As soon as I do, she stop mid-act and stares at me guiltily) I have little wooden blocks all over the cage, hung on the sides. But she isn't interested in any of those. How do I actually interest her in chewing on these wood blocks?

Thing is, she does NOT chew anything else. (actually, i catch her guilty little piggie face doing this to coroplast. As soon as I do, she stop mid-act and stares at me guiltily) I have little wooden blocks all over the cage, hung on the sides. But she isn't interested in any of those. How do I actually interest her in chewing on these wood blocks?

The only thing I can think of is dip or soak them in juice from juicing apples, carrots, watermelon, anything she likes most.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.