Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

HappyPiggies14

Cavy Slave
Thank you! Actually I made the choropast walls in the loft/kitchen a bit taller because I was going to have bedding in there originally and I didn't want to have bedding flying out of the cage and onto my daughters bed...I just made the fleece liners with walls that go up and over the walls so they don't burrow underneath...although my girls haven't had much trouble with that yet...they are fastened just by going up and over the walls.. I sewed the corners together so it would've snug...does that make sense?

Mellissa Mae

Cavy Slave
Oh okay, well it is really cool

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
Here is my cage. It is a 3x4 with a 1x2 ramp landing/kitchen that goes up to a 2x3 loft area. I count the big loft as cage space because it is the same size as a whole cage for a single pig. So layed out all flat this cage would be a 2x9 (I dont count the 1x2) or 24 square feet probebly 22 square feet with the ramp. This houses one guinea pig named carmie. I am going to be adopting 2 pigs soon though. Let's see your cage Pictures please.

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please.
This is my makeshift c&c cage for my boy Norman! He is a boy but I just love pink tehe. Under the shelf is a fleece forest that he absolutely LOVES! If he does not litter train I will remove the litter box to give him more room, but I really want to litter train him so I can take him out of the cage without worry. I'm going to make some DIY toys for him soon too. :) (Also the hay made more of a mess than I anticipated tehe. oh well.)

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
Here is my cage. It is a 3x4 with a 1x2 ramp landing/kitchen that goes up to a 2x3 loft area. I count the big loft as cage space because it is the same size as a whole cage for a single pig. So layed out all flat this cage would be a 2x9 (I dont count the 1x2) or 24 square feet probebly 22 square feet with the ramp. This houses one guinea pig named carmie. I am going to be adopting 2 pigs soon though.

@chewyguineapig I love your cage! I like the way you made it three levelled and I love the hello kitty fleece! I'm sure your two piggies will love it.

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
Thanks @starrgazerr! I only have one right now, but I am adopting two girls in a couple weeks. One is a brown and white Abby the other a pure white silkie. So I will have three total.

Attachments

image.jpg

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
Thanks @starrgazerr! I only have one right now, but I am adopting two girls in a couple weeks. One is a brown and white Abby the other a pure white silkie. So I will have three total.

oh three! Those are beautiful girls. Hopefully they will get along and enjoy their awesome cage :) congrats on the adoption (early congrats!)

PumpkinPig

Cavy Slave
@chewyguineapig Those girls are so cute! You've got a nice big home for them. :) I also have to wait a couple weeks to pick up a newly adopted pig; the wait is torture! Haha

chewyguineapig

Cavy Slave
@chewyguineapig Those girls are so cute! You've got a nice big home for them. :) I also have to wait a couple weeks to pick up a newly adopted pig; the wait is torture! Haha
I know! And thank you! They had a piggie date and it went great! So exited to get them!

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
Also I should clarify that my cage picture shows a salt lick but I have since learned that they are not good for guineas and removed it!

HappyPiggies14

Cavy Slave
@starrgazerr do your piggies ever get close to the edge of the loft? Or fall off? Its a cute idea but it would worry me...would love to know!

starrgazerr

Cavy Slave
@starrgazerr do your piggies ever get close to the edge of the loft? Or fall off? Its a cute idea but it would worry me...would love to know!

my piggie hasn't figured out the ramp yet but I did put him on top of the loft to try and get him used to it and he's so big that he was able to climb down without a problem. :) He could tell where the edge was and climbed down slowly it was cute tehe. (Don't worry, I was watching him and would've helped if he fell!) Once I make the ramp more sturdy and he figures it out I may put sides on to make sure he doesn't run off, but for now he just likes the fleece forest under it and likes to kick up the ramp since it is light. :)

Lindsayruthann

Cavy Slave
Finally added the second loft for my girls. They were both up eating hay while the pictures were being taken!

thechubbyfour

Cavy Slave
I have a stacked 2x4 c&c cage housing 4 guinea pigs [emoji4]

kanojochan

Cavy Slave

KaLeigh

Cavy Slave
My 2 x 4 I just finished :D

bubbytooo

Cavy Slave
Right now my girl Pumpkin is in a Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat. It's about as big as a 2x3 C&C cage, maybe a few inches less. But it has about 7.5 -8 sq feet of room so I know shes okay.

Whole Cage View:

Left Side of Cage:

Right Side of Cage:

Fleece Forest:

Loft:

KaLeigh

Cavy Slave
My 2x4 with the green fleece and my grid hay rack, minus the awkward and possibly dangerous hay wheel. .Let's see your cage Pictures please.

KaLeigh

Cavy Slave
My newly expanded 2x5 with new 2x1 kitchen and fleece forest. This houses my two girls, Cocoa and Peppermint.
I had to add a lid (closet shelving) due to the cat laying in the cage.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.