Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Oh man... it's a blog!

Blog entry from old forum

Windrunner

Cavy Slave
You know, back in the day I used to be a fanatic about LiveJournal. I posted every day, sometimes multiple times a day... but it was also a lot of emo ranting and raging because I was a teenager with a lot of stuff going on.

So hopefully anything I post here won't resemble that in the slightest. I don't really have any type of hankering to return to that life. I'm sure it also helps that I'm about twice as old now as I was back then... ya know, age makes a difference. Changes your perspective a bit. (Though in all honesty, I can say that my life did suck back when I was emo and I thought it sucked, and no one else did.)

Anyway. Hi! I'm not entirely sure what I'll be writing here or if I'll be writing with any frequency but here is a bit of an introduction to me for anyone who reads this and also for myself if I ever look back at this first entry.

As of now, I have four female guinea pigs who all live in the same cage and get along beautifully. Alleria and Sylvanas were adopted from a pet store in January 2019, because I had NO idea how many guinea pigs were in rescues out there (and also had no idea that there were so many rescues in my area). So yes, looking back I'm a little ashamed of that -- but I'm also learning and growing from that, so that's a positive I suppose.

Then in October 2019, I adopted Minerva McGonagall and Nymphadora Tonks (are you starting to see my nerd peeking out? :eek:hmy: (broken link removed) ) from a rescue; they'd been abandoned with 5 siblings (male and female) behind a Subway, in a cardboard box. The rescue that had them, kept them for several months to ensure that they weren't pregnant, and then I adopted them. I kept them separate from Alleria and Sylvanas for a few weeks to ensure that there were no diseases etc., and then I introduced them. The introduction took ~3-4 hours and I was SO stressed the entire time... most of it was spent between Tonks and Sylvanas, trying to "duke it out" and figure out who was going to be the queen. I'm not entirely sure who ended up "winning" that chin-raising battle; I think it was Tonks but I'm pretty sure Sylvanas is her second-in-command. And then you have Minerva, who doesn't care and is fine with being subservient, and Alleria, who is not even aware that there's such a thing as dominance.

(I'm 99% sure that Alleria is intellectually disabled. She's a very special little pig. She gets lost in her own cage, and her behavior is erratic compared to the other pigs. She's a sweetie but she's just very... slow.)

So now I have a little herd of four girls... and I also have two dogs (also girls) and two cats (one girl, one boy). All of my other pets have been rescues from the shelter, and now with my 8 fur babies I feel like I'm the much-loved Mommy in charge of a furry and cuddly empire. It's a good way to feel. :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.