Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Vacations and Snow Days

Blog entry from old forum

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Zelda and Peach have sort of picked up a little sign language and realized that if I put a hand in front of their face it means I want to pick them up, so they will (usually) sit still. To be honest it made my day the first time it happened, and it still makes me really happy. Lately I have been taking the girls on little vacations into the living room. Not a big deal, mostly just lap-time with different scenery. The babies hate it. They sit on my lap with their eyes bugged out and brr when I pet them. Zelda, on the other hand, is actually calmer in the other room. Maybe it's because Zelda already knew there was more to the world and the little ones didn't.

Elli is my strong-willed pig. She absolutely hates being picked up or pet, so she does her best to avoid it. But, I do know of one way to make her happy. The past few times I have spot-cleaned the cage, I noticed how much Elli loves to run through the fresh bedding as I sprinkle it in. It's really cute and she popcorns like crazy. The others will play in it a little (and Zelda has to pee on it as soon as I stop putting more in), but snow day is definitely Elli's game.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.