Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to Piggies! So excited...

Elleoz

Cavy Slave
Just wanted to post a quick hello! We will be bringing home two new piggies this evening for the very first time. My 10 year old daughter wanted a pet of her own and we thought a guinea pig would be perfect for her. And of course we had to get another one for my 9 year old son, although I have a feeling it will be mine :) We have the cage all set up and supplies bought to get started. We will be using the fleece method. We had the kids research and learn about them and I have prepared them for the work that is involved. I can't wait to bring the cuties home!

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Aww so fun i was so extited bringing my piggies home for the first time. Are you keeping them in pairs? Guinea pigs need to be in pairs of two or more so they dont get lonely when you cant be there. Also post picture when you bring them home i cant wait to see them either now too haha.

Sarah28

Cavy Gazer
How exciting! We just got ours last week and we have fallen in love. We bought them for our kids, but I knew they would become mine mine mine!! lol

Starthecavy123

Cavy Slave
That's awesome and welcome to the forum. You definitely came to the right place for some great information. You should post pigtures :)

Rywen

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum! Congratulations on getting your piggies, can't wait to see pigtures and hear what you name them!

MrsGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Can't wait for the piggies to come in! When they're here post pigtures and their names!

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome aboard.

pippypoppy2

Cavy Slave
Hey welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new piggies! I remember how excited I was, bringing my girls home. I can't wait to see pictures :).

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
i was so excited when i got my 1st pair of guinea pigs.
i remember that
my 1st pair were called fudge and nugget, they were both girls.
anyway enough about my past
welcome to the forums if i've not said it all ready.

adeline13

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hey post some pics of the new cuties

Elleoz

Cavy Slave
Sorry it has taken so long to post some pictures. Let me introduce Snickers and Oreo!

New to Piggies! So excited... New to Piggies! So excited...

And here's their home .....

New to Piggies! So excited...

Rywen

Cavy Slave
They are adorable!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Aww they're so cute, and their names are adorable! I'm loving the cupcake fleece :)

I could be wrong, but it looks like your pellets have colored bits and pieces in them. Plain timothy pellets without any other bits are always the recommended healthiest type of piggy pellets. Just a friendly piece of advice!

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave

Andrea219

Cavy Slave
They are very cute! I love the cupcake fleece :)

Elleoz

Cavy Slave
Aww they're so cute, and their names are adorable! I'm loving the cupcake fleece :)

I could be wrong, but it looks like your pellets have colored bits and pieces in them. Plain timothy pellets without any other bits are always the recommended healthiest type of piggy pellets. Just a friendly piece of advice!

You are right about the food. It came with the starter kit I bought. I plan on getting a higher quality as soon as this is gone. I'm broke at the moment :)

We also give them fresh veggies daily and occasionally fruit (a few times a week). So far they love spinach, kale, chard, green beans and green pepper.

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
You are right about the food. It came with the starter kit I bought. I plan on getting a higher quality as soon as this is gone. I'm broke at the moment :)

We also give them fresh veggies daily and occasionally fruit (a few times a week). So far they love spinach, kale, chard, green beans and green pepper.
Be very careful with the kale, spinich, and chard. If fed too often they can cause some trouble. You should read the veggie link I posted. It helped me so much.

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.