Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Am I wording this incorrectly or do people just charge a ton in my city?

slendermella

Cavy Slave
I had a heck of a time finding a sheet of coroplast for my C&C cage over the weekend. I finally found a piece at Home Depot that was 72"x36", so it works, but isn't optimal. I really want to find a full 8' sheet because I also want to make my own kitchen area with the leftover piece. I planned to get this all done today as well as incorporate fleece into the cage.

I keep calling sign places, such as FastSigns (which was mentioned here) and what I say is something like:
"Hi, I am building a guinea pig cage and need an 8' sheet of coroplast. Is that something I can purchase through you and if so, how much would it cost?"

I read that people get this stuff for $10-$15 and I am not being quoted anywhere NEAR that. FastSigns just quoted me $90.42 for one sheet. Another sign shop said $57. Yet another was $62. I can deal with the piece I have, but it will be more difficult to wrap the fleece because it has 8" sides and 4.5" front and back, with the 8" wrapping in the corners (I wanted the taller pieces in the corners since they like to pee there). Ideally, I'd like the even 6" sides.

Am I wording my request incorrectly? Or perhaps my city is just nuts and charges a ton...I will go back to Home Depot and get another 72"x36" sheet to make the kitchen, but I really wanted to get the one full size sheet and kill two birds with one stone, while having a more aesthetically pleasing cage.

Thoughts?

Try the store locator at www.sabicpolymershapes.com and see if there's one near you. They usually sell coroplast for about $15 per 4x8 sheet, although some stores will make you buy two sheets.

The only thing I'd do at FastSigns is ask if they have they've misprinted that they'll sell to you cheap. Or you could check around local campaign headquarters and see if they've got any political signs leftover that they don't want.

Google "Sabic Polymershapes"
That's where most people get 4x8' sheet for $10 - 20.

Try the store locator at (broken link removed) and see if there's one near you. They usually sell coroplast for about $15 per 4x8 sheet, although some stores will make you buy two sheets.

The only thing I'd do at FastSigns is ask if they have they've misprinted that they'll sell to you cheap. Or you could check around local campaign headquarters and see if they've got any political signs leftover that they don't want.

There is one in my city, I'll try calling. I hadn't done so because I read on a thread here that they started requiring a minimum $100 order, but maybe that does not apply to all of their facilities. Wish me luck!

Success!!!! I called Sabic and they have black (my preferred color) 4'x8' sheets for $12. She asked how many I wanted and I said I only needed one, but was thinking of picking up two just so I'd have an extra and she told me there is a $50 minimum. She placed me on hold for a little bit and when she came back she said that if I bought two she would wave the minimum for me. Yay! They are across town in the shadiest area but oh well, off I go!

Thanks for the suggestion :) I'm glad I called.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.