Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Built new "House" what do you think. Is it safe?

Jared Hoekstra

Cavy Slave
Hello. I have built a wooden house. It is a single level house with a ramp leading to the roof on the oposite side of the door. The roof and ramp both have 1inch walls. I have covred it all in fleece and hopfeully you like it. I really hope the picture works so you can see. Id aprecicate everyones opinion on this because i want my piggy to enjoy it!

I have a few concerns. First, is it safe? Second, will he eat the tape? third, will he enjoy it?

Built new "House" what do you think. Is it safe?Built new "House" what do you think. Is it safe?Built new "House" what do you think. Is it safe?

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Can't really say wither or not he'll eat the tape or if he'll enjoy it. It's a personal preference thing. Tho, if the tape is flat, he shouldn't bother with it too much.
Do you have an absorbent layer underneath the fleece? If he tinkles on it, the wood will become a bacteria haven and may even stink.
Does he have a cage mate? If so, I'd add another door(maybe under the ramp) to less the chance of someone getting trapped and bullied.

Jared Hoekstra

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the ideas. I definetly forgot. and awesome.

lissie

Cavy Slave
How tall is the house? 1 inch walls won't keep him from jumping off. If the house is taller than 6", it would be a dangerous fall. If he's young, 6" jump is fine. If he's older or senior, 6" is too high a fall.

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
The tape looks like it's not completely flat to the surface, so he may nibble on it. I'd advise looking for a way to attach things without using tape.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.