Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cat Country Organic feedback?

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Cat Country Organic feedback?

Hi all,

Due to the fire at the Cell-Sorb plant a week or two ago, I'm on the prowl for a new bedding.

I was at Pet Club buying CareFresh, and another customer recommended Cat Country. She uses it for her rabbits. So, I thought, I'm game. It says organic--made from plant fibers. It's a light brown and bit of green pellet. The only smell is slightly of molasses (to my nose).

I did our absorption test and it absorbed as well or better than Cell-Sorb and better than Crown or Pet Preference (only other ones I've done my own little non-scientific test on so far). It's cheaper than CareFresh and also readily available. Has anyone else used it? Any feedback?

Thanks,

B

BizyLizy3

Re: Cat Country Organic feedback?

I used it a while ago but prefer their Critter Country (small companion animal) litter/bedding. Another thought is that some rabbit people use Yesterday's News which is pelleted like the Cell-Sorb.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave

I'll look for Critter Country. What was better about it? Do you you what chain stores carried it? I don't think I noticed it at Pet Club. Also, I've seen Yesterday's News at Pet Club, for example, but I don't think I saw it in big enough bags to take seriously. I need it in a 40# bag, since I go through about 15 40# bags a week. Do you know if it comes in big bags? I can check other stores.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave

Well, it turns out Critter Country is different from Cat County. Cat Country has some greenish and brown pellets. Critter Country just has the brown. Critter Country's smell is quite different from Cat Country. Can't put my finger on what it reminds of, but it's not as strong. But, I could only find a small bag at my local Pet Club. I'm trying it out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.