Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Guinea Pigs & Their Cagemates.

AlekonaKini

Cavy Slave
As sources have varied opinion, as do people - on the subject.. I am wondering if it would be okay to house my rabbit and GP together. Also, who has done this and have had success or failure?

Thanks for the advice!

Never house a guinea pig with any other kind of species. A rabbit is so much larger that they could kill a guinea pig. Many people house them together that do not know but it is bad. They also eat different kinds of pellets. A guinea pig should only be housed with a guinea pig.

Hmm that's strange. I heard that if anything, the Guinea pig would boss the rabbit around, lol. However I can see it - considering Rabbits like their spaces a certain way and don't like it re-arranged or .. really anyone.. to touch it.

Whenever I go into Cadbury's cage.. if I move something, she gives me this dirty look and then moves everything to exactly the way it was before, lol. It's rather histerical especially when it comes to her blankets, LOL.

Guinea pigs bossing a rabbit around? They are really shy animals so I doubt that's true, there are probably a few rare cases though.

Yes, they can each carry illnesses that affect the other. I have seen it personally and it isn't pretty.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.