Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications Revolution: Should i use it?

Intellect

Cavy Slave
I recently have been looking at revolution for treating mites. I have a guinea pig who has been scratching occasionally, but it is not severe and this has been going on for a while (couple of months, but it seemed normal to me since it was just occasional). I did not think much of it and thought it might be because of his long hair, but I also noticed some yellowish dandruff on his rump. It is only on his rump whereas the rest of his fur seems dandruff free and clean, he has no scabs or any other visible signs. So I cannot know for sure whether he has mites, and due to lack of transportation I cannot take him to a vet to get his opinion.
( (broken link removed) )
But since I have to give him up for adoption I thought it might be safer to just go ahead and treat him with REVOLUTION for puppies and kittens anyway just incase. I was wondering if any of you have used revolution and if it is a safe treatment. ( My main concern is whether or not this will harm him if he has no mites, and if there are any other side affects)

I use Revolution all the time on my own pigs and fosters. In Australia it's available freely without needing to visit a vet. It's more expensive than using Ivomec/Ivermectin but I prefer it, it's just really easy to use. (Just in case anyone is out there reading and wants to use Revolution on their own pigs, the cat/"blue" Revolution is the same concentration as the puppy/kitten one, you just get more in each vial. So if you have more pigs it's better value getting the cat Revolution rather than the puppy/kitten one.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.