Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C dont know anything about these cages.

RVcavy

Cavy Slave
i have seen pics of these type of cages before, but never have i found them. where do you get these, how much are they, how do they go together? as an rver, if i could do this, i could come up with a rather large space if i could make a cage that fits the space. can there be tops made? then i can make an out side one with a top as well for when we are outside. also, are they easy to break down and rebuild?

aspecht

Cavy Slave
What type of cage are you referring to?

Traysea

Cavy Slave
Are you talking about C and C style cages? You can buy them in the cage store https://www.guineapigcagesstore.com or you can build your own out of cube grids, cable ties and coroplast (available at walmart, kmart, bed bath and beyond etc. You need 14" square grids with no less than 9 squares across and down per grid). They are very easy to put together. For an RV I think you would want to cable tie the grids together. An even faster option might be to build your cage out of closet wire shelving (16" deep x 48" long available at home depot. You also cable tie it together and it is stronger and faster to assemble than grids because they are only 4 sides to attach vs, several grids) OR you could also cable tie several grids together to make a corral which will accordion fold for storage depending on how much storage space you have. You can make lids out of the closet wire shelving or grids. There are lots of photos in the gallery for different ideas.

If your cage is going to be an odd shape you can also do the bottom tray part with a heavy duty shower curtain instead of the coroplast.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.