Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing my Rescue Boys!

ShihTzuLover

Cavy Slave
I saw these guys in a rescue ad, and I just bit the bullet and adopted them. I wanted to have my C & C cage built first, but the rescue was overloaded and as these two are older and male, it didn't seem like they were going anywhere.. They are the absolute sweetest things! I can't believe no one had adopted them.

They came with a tragically small cage that I'm dying to get them out of, but I have to wait to get my grids in the mail. Surprisingly they're popcorning and wheeking constantly in this little cage and they love to be held. I know they're going to be on cloud nine in their new home! I attached a picture of each of them. The tan one I named Bartholomew, and the gray one is Roland. They've never been on fleece before and they're loving it. I also built them a temporary hayrack.

I'll probably be coming here a lot with questions. I'm worrying over them like a new Mom!

Attachments

DSC02176tiny.jpg DSC02186 copy tinycopy.jpg

T1ggerPigLuvur

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They look so precious, and their names are adorable! I can't wait to see pictures of their new cage.

ShihTzuLover

Cavy Slave
I know, I can't wait to get it built! I feel so sorry for them in there, no matter how happy they act. :)

Guineas Galore

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
I know, I can't wait to get it built! I feel so sorry for them in there, no matter how happy they act. :)
So cute!
Its great that you adopted!
I wish I'd been on this site before I knew Pet Stores were no good... ^^'
These boys are so cute! You're very lucky, they are too :)

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
You did such a good thing to get those hansom (very) guys;)
Cant wait to see pics any details about the cage you wanna share?

koalamissy

Cavy Slave
How cute are they. I'm so excited for all of you. They won't know what to do with themselves in their new home!

NormaS

Cavy Slave
Gorgeous boys! And so lucky!

Mellisenda

Cavy Slave
Wonderful!

ShihTzuLover

Cavy Slave
Aw, thank you for all of the comments and the welcome! I feel so lucky to have them. They had a previous owner who fed them nothing but rabbit food and had them in pine bedding (which I'm pretty certain is not good?). Their coats have looked kind of dull and flaky, but there isn't any hair missing or signs of lice. Hoping the dandruff will clear up with an improved diet and unlimited hay.

About the cage - I'm going to be building probably 3 x 5. I'd like to go bigger, but this isn't exactly the biggest apartment! They're very snuggly pigs. They're clearly very bonded, and love to sleep snuggled together. They've only ever lived in a small cage, which is so sad. I want them to have the space to get away from each other if needed, not to mention to run laps. Probably won't add a loft just so they have more running space.

@ Cazzacoconut - at least you know now! I felt the very same way years ago when I got my Shih Tzu from a crappy breeder. I learned SO much after the fact, and will only ever rescue from now on. No matter what pet.

I'm not getting anything done because I'm just sitting by their cage! They start wheeking already when I enter the room!

GuineaLoveer

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Poor piggies at least there in a much (very much) better home

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.