Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Alternatives Looking at Indoor / Outdoor Cages

BNCavy91

Cavy Slave
Hello!
I have 3 piggies ( soon to add 2 more to the herd!) And I am trying to help with the clean up.
I am trying to help my pigs be happier, so I thought I'd make them an outdoor cage that they can go out and eat grass and also in shade, but be safe.
NOTE: For those of you going to try and jump down my throat, they WILL be living indoors, this is just an outdoor cage in the NICE weather for eats and fun.
It needs to be big enough for 5 pigs, with shade on part of it and complete protection. Also easily moved so I can put it away whenever they arent in it.
Any ideas ( Yes I looked at the cages, non seemed safe enough ( we have vultures) or big enough.
I would love some ideas, I'm hopefully going to go shopping tomorrow for wood or look for wire or something, just gotta hunt for ideas!!

Any ideas with old furniture or Pallets would be great!!!

Grids with wire shelving clipped to the top with carabiners make a good outdoor pen. Easy to put up and take down, sturdy enough to keep a vulture out, but probably wouldn't keep out a determined dog. You'd have to supervise while they were outside.

Some pallets have harmful chemicals/fungicides in them. Just be cautious if you use any.

Bumping this for ideas!

(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.