Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Guinea Pigs from Florida :) *PIC HEAVY*

AlphaLyrae

Cavy Slave
Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself along with the new boys. One from a Ma and Pa petshop. (They said the Mom was just dropped off and had babies in store. No idea the truth to that.. but, he was all alone.) Another one was from a rescue. Both boys are INCREDIBLY sweet and a lot more tame than any guinea pigs I've met before. Two sweet for words and tolerant of the little ones.

This is Stratos (no idea where ODD got the name from.) Does anyone happen to know what kind of guinea pig he is and what color?
Excuse ODD's messy shirt. She's 4, LOL.

Cute picture of Stratos. His coat is just so unique. At times it looks grey with blonde or strawberry/orange through out like little trendy highlights, LOL. Then he has a cowlick on the top of his head.

Okay, last picture of Strat, sitting nicely in the lap of my 2.5 year old.

My rescued boy from a local rescue. Not entirely sure how old he is. They thought maybe around a year or so, maybe younger. His name is Strummy (another name by my ODD...)

Isn't he squishy???

The boys together in their temporary housing. (We are custom making their cage.)

These are my and the girls' first guinea pigs. The husband used to have them as a child and loved them. :)

Attachments

8529427482_57bd188055_z.jpg
Very cute.. You kids my love them.

Lovely piggies! Don't know the color of the first but I just saw that color for the first time this week at another rescue-it's an interesting color for sure. He's crested too or maybe a slight mix of silkie since his hair goes back (or maybe that's just from petting?)

This is a wonderful resource to learn about piggies-be sure to check out all the awesome photos for cage ideas.
Enjoy!

Howwww cute!!

Welcome! Your piggies are GORGEOUS! The lil one looks like a crested Sheltie. But you can of course google it and compare him to the pictures. =) If he is, shelties get LONG hair, so you may want to think about trimming him ( but I think they are so pretty long, if you have the time!) Color, I have no idea, maybe the most unique I've seen! Welcome Again!

what cuties you have!

Welcome from a fellow Floridian! Is your rescued piggy from Four Pigs N Buns in St. Petersburg? They're both adorable.

The little guy looks like a darker lavender to me - which is often seen with gold or orange mixed in. He also looks like he may be a long-haired mix (I guess mix because at the size he looks to be in the pics, his hair would be longer if not a mix). A coronet is the name for a the crested long-haired piggie breed.

And welcome! They are lovely!

What cuties! I always called that greyish color Lilac, I had a piggy with that color and she was super special. As far as breed he sure is interesting. He looks like some kind of mutt of a longhaired pig of some kind mixed with a shorthaired crested pig. His crest is really weird, almost like someone snipped off part of it, but unique is awesome and makes him cuter :).

Lovely piggies! Don't know the color of the first but I just saw that color for the first time this week at another rescue-it's an interesting color for sure. He's crested too or maybe a slight mix of silkie since his hair goes back (or maybe that's just from petting?)

This is a wonderful resource to learn about piggies-be sure to check out all the awesome photos for cage ideas.
Enjoy!

I had to look up what a silkie looked like -- holy mop, heh. :) That would be pretty interesting if he did turn out to be part silkie. Thank you for the warm welcome. I love all the inspiration the board has to offer!

Welcome! Your piggies are GORGEOUS! The lil one looks like a crested Sheltie. But you can of course google it and compare him to the pictures. =) If he is, shelties get LONG hair, so you may want to think about trimming him ( but I think they are so pretty long, if you have the time!) Color, I have no idea, maybe the most unique I've seen! Welcome Again!

I did end up googling it last night and oh my gosh, LOL. That would be pretty awesome if he did turn out to be a crested sheltie. :)

Welcome from a fellow Floridian! Is your rescued piggy from Four Pigs N Buns in St. Petersburg? They're both adorable.
No, it was from someone in Longwood. He actually deals mostly with rabbits but someone dropped off a bunch of guinea pigs so he adopted them out. :)

Ah, Longwood. So you're kind of in my area (I'm over by Disney). Quite a few piggy-loving Central Floridians on the forum.

What cuties! I always called that greyish color Lilac, I had a piggy with that color and she was super special. As far as breed he sure is interesting. He looks like some kind of mutt of a longhaired pig of some kind mixed with a shorthaired crested pig. His crest is really weird, almost like someone snipped off part of it, but unique is awesome and makes him cuter :).

LOL! It does look like that, heh!

Ah, Longwood. So you're kind of in my area (I'm over by Disney). Quite a few piggy-loving Central Floridians on the forum.

I used to be closer, but I am in Volusia county, now. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.