Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage just built mr nibbles a new bigger cage

JillLett

Cavy Gazer
We just built our lil man a cage. He seems very happy. He's been squeaking and pop Corning all over the place. Hopefully everything we did is safe :) I attached a picture. Hopefully it attached correctly. Pls let me know what you all think :)

Attachments

20130223_192750.jpg

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Looks great! He sounds very pleased! I like your fleece. :)

YourSoJelly

Cavy Slave
That's one rocking cage! Is he going to get a buddy?

Cavy Treenie

Cavy Slave
The fleece is really cute, and so is your piggie! The only thing I'm worried about is that your grids only have 8 spaces, it should have 9 so he doesn't get his head stuck. I don't mean to be picky, I just don't want Mr. Nibbles to get hurt. It looks like the sides are high enough though, but just in case. :) Your piggie looks like a little Rolo, too cute!

JillLett

Cavy Gazer
Thanks all :) My husband actually picked the fleece out. He was excited about it lol.

Yes we are getting him a little friend :) there is a rescue down the street from out place and they are giving him a free check up tomorrow and we are going to adopt one from there. im excited.

Yea Kelsie i love seeing and hearing him so excited. Makes me feel like a good parent lol. He is only 6 weeks old. Hes a baby. We kinda messed up and got him at a pet store. We went there to get a few dog toys and i saw the lil piggies and fell in love with him. They let me hold him and within minutes he was nibbling..hence his name haha...and licking my finger. I could resist getting him. After doing my research i found a rescue about a mile away so his friend will be coming from there :)

JillLett

Cavy Gazer
Treenie thank you. Is there someway i could fix that? We put poster board up to baby proof it and i thought it would help :/ I defintley do not want his lil head getting stuck in it.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
If you have extra grids you could overlap them to make the openings smaller. Great looking cage and your piggie is just too cute!

BernieAndBert

Cavy Slave
It looks adorable! Well done :) and you must post pictures when you get the new piggy.

Don't want to sound critical, but what kind of food are you feeding your little guy? I just noticed in your picture that the food has some colored bits. Usually these additives are not necessary and can actually lead to picky eating. Oxbow and KMS pellets are two very good brands of piggy food!

JillLett

Cavy Gazer
I will def post pics when we get the new lil one :)

The food brand is called Sunburst. If you say its not good I will make sure I get the good stuff today. You don't sound critical. I welcome the tips. Its our first time so I have no clue what I'm doing lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.