Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Creating a safe cage

carrieh

Cavy Slave
I have a new guinea pig and am creating a cage. Right now, I have a big lower level and a loft. I haven't made the ramp yet, so he's just in the bottom part. The cage is open, which I LOVE. We do not have pets, and it's been wonderful for our kids to be able to interact with him without needing to hold him. However, I am worried once we have a ramp and loft, it won't be safe enough. I'd like to just do coroplast that comes up 6 inches in the loft. Is that okay or could he jump over that? It looks like some people have that. Also, I like the coroplast (is that what it's called???) with ramp directly attached, but I'm worried that won't be enough support. Our pig is VERY big. I see a lot of people talking about bent grids....what are those? Do you actually bend them or do you buy bent grids?

MummyOf5Piggies

Cavy Slave
You can use coro for the ramps,or if want to use grids insted, you have to bend the grids for it, if you use the bent grids make sure they are covered enough so his paws don't get caught, and for the coro you can cut it just for your piggie plus make sure you have carpet or some rubber ( something for him to grip to get up) :)!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.