Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage crib cage

seveneves

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
the old cribs, that you and i and probably your children, were raised in are now illegal
well
i have an old drop side crib that i cant do anything with
so
i converted it!
the girls went from a 6"X1' cage
(seriously, that's how i bought them from the auction)
to my 2 foot cubed cage
to this! they are very happy but very messy children
i haven't gotten any fleece yet so i am getting by with what i have on hand at the moment
so the girls get a total clean out every morning then breakfast of vegans! ;)
crib cagecrib cagecrib cage

now that's a creative idea. Are you going to make the whole crib a cage?

Great idea. It's definitely a step up from that old wire cage. I bet they love it :)

Cool. I've always thought a waterbed frame would make a cool cage, too. It must be really cute to look into a baby crib and see sleeping pigs.

the entire crib is theirs - the wire frame (box spring) that holds the mattress up is actually being used by my grandson in his toddler bed to hold his mattress up - so i measured 1'8" up from the floor on every rail and put a zip strip on as tight as i could - then i zig/zagged a 100' rope back and forth and back again and pulled that as tight as possible (zip strips/cable ties hold rope in place like a stop) then i set the crib mattress on the ropes - then i bought a 3'x5' piece of lineoleum, measured it, scored it, folded it and taped it together - that sits on top of the mattress - the plastic around the top is acutally that stuff you put on your rain gutters to keep them from getting clogged ($2 each) right now i have towels on the lineoleum and a sheet over it all and i use clothes pins to hold it in place - the water bottle is held in place between the plastic and the crib rail - the "floor space" for the piggies area is 2'4" x 4'3" - weird measurements i know but, hey, it works ;) they love it and bounce and run and play and chit chat all day - its great to sit in my office doing what needs to be done and listen to them run around and squeak! <3 (the wire cage is totally removed and is now sitting in the garage with the rest of the old cages)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.