Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New Member - Just Wanted to Say Hello!!

pawner69

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone! I am a new member to the forum and also a new guinea pig family. We adopted our 2 girls from people on Craigslist from 2 separate homes. My girls started in a small pet store guinea pig cage that came with Piggles when I got her. I then upgraded to a Morochio 2-level cage. Still didn't feel she had enough room so I built her a 2X4 C&C cage with a 2X2 upper deck. YES!! :D This is what I wanted for my girl. We then decided that with such a big cage she must have a friend and found Alice. The girls were instant buddies and we are always hearing lots of wheeking and squeeking and purring coming from their cage while watching TV.

After getting Alice I began having tons of troubles and was afraid I was allergic. I was happy to find out I was allergic to dust and not the guinea pigs. Whew! :p

So just last week I made the switch from wood bedding to fleece. OMG its awesome!!! No dust in my house and my girls popcorned for the first time ever.

That's about all for me now. I am excited to join the forum and learn more and more about my girls and how to be the VERY best guinea pig mommy around. I cannot imagine life without my girls. :love:

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Welcome! Please post pigtures when you can. One of my girls is a Craigslist piggy too. I can just imagine how much your girls loved being upgraded to a nice, big cage. One of mine was in a 10 gallon aquarium when I got her...ugh!

SqueakyPig

Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum! You sound like a great piggy owner- and your piggies sound very happy! There's tons to find out around here :)

pawner69

Cavy Slave
Wow 10 gallon aquarium! That's terrible. Here are my girls. Ms. Piggles is on the red fleece near the food dish. The second pictures is of my pudgy Alice with her "racing fins" showing during floor time. I love my girls.

Attachments

Alice.jpg

Okiesmokes

Cavy Slave
Welcome! :) You have the same cage setup as I do. Though, my piggies quarrel quite a lot so I'll be upgrading it again today. Your girls are cute by the way.

CandyApple

Cavy Slave
Hi,
Welcome!
The guinea pigs look like absolute squirts... Not that that's a bad thing, I love small pigs! Especially in the first picture.
Hope to see you around soon!

bguardguy

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome!!! If you have any questions feel free to ask around!

Carissa6729

Cavy Slave
Welcome, beautiful pigs!

I love those racing fins lol :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.