Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

An American in England!

Party Guineas

Cavy Slave
Hello! I've lurked around this site for long enough and have finally given in to membership! :) Thanks to all the members for such great information and support! As the title says, I'm an American living in England (for the moment anyway) with my four lovely guinea pigs: from left to right, Bubble and Squeak (females), Kiwi (also female - I thought she looked like a little kiwi fruit when I first saw her), and Simba (male and king of the cage). Bubble and Squeak are about 1.5 years old. Kiwi is a bit over four months old, and Simba is six months old.

Bubble and Squeak came from Pets at Home - I had done enough research at the time to know guinea pigs were for me and from what I could find, Pets at Home didn't seem like some American ones we hear about, but mea culpa for buying before rescuing. I didn't know much about the rescue culture of the UK until I found out about a large animal shelter 20 miles from me while looking for volunteer opportunities. Once I started as a volunteer photographer, had a look around, and saw the guinea pigs in need, I knew I wanted to expand my herd. So, next came Kiwi, who they found in a back yard with a bunch of other guinea pigs (unsexed and some pregnant) mixed with rabbits, who were being poached by local foxes and cats. Simba came later after his neutering, as he was born at the shelter and was a scruffy lad who didn't like other males. He was destined for a lonely life until he met my girls! :love: (Sorry for the Christmas photo, but it's the best one I have right now of all of them!)

An American in England!

Agrimony

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
They are so cute, what a great picture! I loved hearing how you got them all. Welcome to the forum!

ellisa

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Those are some cute piggies!

MochaAndMoo

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. You have an adorable herd of piggies! I loved hearing their stories.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.