Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Changing Cage Again!

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
I seperated the girls because Peanut has lost weight since we have got Tutu. The vet also suggested doing it while Peanut is sick but I think I am going to keep them seperated because Tutu picks on Peanut. Right now they are in a split 3x4 (2x3 each). I just don't think that a 2x3 is big enough for them. I was thinking of expanded the cage to a 3x5 so they would each have a 2 1/2x3. Any ideas for a cage would help. Thanks

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Seperating them is only making her worse. She is sick right now so she needs meds. Unless there is bloodshed there is no reason to seperate them.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Since Peanut is losing weight try putting two everything in their cage, on opposite sides. Even when you are giving them veggies, put to piles on on each side of the cage.

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
She is on meds right now and why would seperating them make it worse? She can see Tutu right through the grids and the vet said it would be good to observe water/food intake.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I agree that if you need to monitor food/water intake it may be best to separate for right now until Peanut gets better. If you do separate and one seems depressed without the other, I would put them together again. Did the vet say what is wrong with her?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.