Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags So Much Wrong With This Ad

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
It's not a breeder, but it's totally disgusting:

(broken link removed)

Basically, it's someone trading their hedgehog for a skinny pig because "My daughter doesn't play with it so I wanted to try something new." Yeah, I'm sure the kid will be bored with the new thing within a couple of weeks, too. I wonder if they have an idea of how to care for a skinny pig. I'm sure the kid is internalizing the message, "When you get sick of something, even if it's alive, just trade it off for something else to amuse yourself."

Sigh.

RubyRain

Cavy Slave
That is pretty bad. Why don't parents see how wrong that is on so many levels?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Oh for poop sake! It sounds like maybe someone is allergic to fur. The hedgehog and now the skinny pig. The problem? The child is probably going to take one look at a skinny pig and be like, "Ewwww umm no". I don't know any child that would see something they expect to have fur but doesn't and accept it straight away. Then the chase for something else will be on and the child, once again, is taught that if you don't like something, it goes away and something else comes back in its place.

The tragedy here is - these animals are the ones that suffer with all the shuffling when it's possible, what is causing the allergies isn't the animal itself but the hay or the bedding. Until they realize that, there will be an endless parade of animals with the same hay and bedding. ::sigh::

MissJean

Cavy Slave
I wish when folks became parents, they got a visit from a parenting fairy or something. They'd get hit across the face with his little parenting wand and poof! Instantly the new parents become responsible, nurturing, compassionate, and eager to educate their children properly.

Unfortunately we live in the real world. Sigh. Darn it all to heck.

I hate that small animals are always considered disposable "starter pets". They take a lot of work to care for and are filled with personality! If I had a desire to have children, I'd rather them have a dog. I just read the other day that hedgehogs are temperature sensitive and go into hibernation when it's too cold. It's apparently dangerous for them to hibernate. It makes me wonder how many irresponsible children and their parents have caused their hedgies to go into hibernation. Or perhaps I don't want to know...

Gforcepiggies

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
How horrible. Small animals are taken sooooo much advantage on. They are at the same level as us! When will people learn that life is not something just to trade away? Why can't they see this? I wouldn't trade that hedgehog. I'd keep him and care for him greatly. Not say "I hate him, too much work!" But you know what, every animal takes work to love, care and clean them. If you can't take a hedgehog, don't take anything. How irisponsible to just "trade" him. Ugh. Poor little fellow. :(

QuietWonderLand

Cavy Slave
Some people shouldn't become parent's at all. And some people just shouldn't have pets either. This just makes me so mad! I wish that all animals treated like this and worse could live in wonderful, loving home that people like you guys have, and that they never had to live like this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.