Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Storage Areas Cage cubbies?

Lucille

Cavy Slave
What a GREAT idea!!! Anyone have them? Are the one grid deep or two grids deep? I have a two story C&C with a 'storage' floor and the cubbies would be perfect.

Kristine

Cavy Slave
Yup! I store everything underneath in the cubbies. :)

ginger

Cavy Slave
Are you talking about the ones from the Guineapigcages Store? I was looking at those and they seem really cool!

Lucille

Cavy Slave
Yes I am talking about those, they seem to be made specifically for C&C. If one looks at the pictures it is not clear how deep they are, one or two grids. They come in a lot of colors and the light blue matches my drapes. I could keep their pellets and things in there.

ginger

Cavy Slave
I believe they are 2 cubes deep. I am sure you can call and ask. All of the cages they sell are 2x #, so that is also why I am thinking they are 2 deep.

Lucille

Cavy Slave
I am actually considering making one more 'floor' to the base of my cage, and storing hay in the cubbies. Having the food and hay right there at the base of the cage would be a major convenience (plus I personally love the way that KMs timothy hay smells).

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
They are 12" wide by 24" long by 12"high

aNervousFlower

Cavy Slave
Love this idea! Does anyone have an idea how I would cut the coroplast to make it? like a rough pattern?

DaisyLily

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@aNervousFlower you cut the coro like you would for a cage floor, only with high sides, and a smaller base. So for a 12"H X 12"W X 24"D, you would cut a rectangle 3'by4' and score 12 inches in from each side. Cut the flaps, fold up like a bin, and use packing tape to hold it all together.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just to confirm, yes, they are two grids deep and come with our cool plastic rivets to secure the sides as well as well as the handle.

You can purchase the rivets and handles separately if you want to make your own: Rivets and Handles for Cubes and Coroplast Cages and Storage Bins

Cage cubbies?

aeiou

Cavy Slave
I have them and they are really great! They add a polished, professional, organized look to the cage. And I can keep hay and food and spare fleece in them. Cage cubbies? This is an old picture but you get the idea. I love them!

aurikan

Cavy Slave
just thought i'd show off more cage cubbies. i have never once regretted my purchase. i keep food, all piggy hygiene items, all cleaning items, all my spare cage accessories, and spare fleece bedding changes in them. makes everything so tidy. they're sturdy, can be cleaned easily if anything spills out in them, and i've actually used them to hold my pig while cleaning his cage a time or two when nobody has been around to hold him for me.

Cage cubbies?

Amy262

Cavy Slave
Oooohhhh...I love these! I just added a storage bottom floor to our cage, and these would look so nice!! Going to go check them out...

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Thanks @aurikan ! What's been interesting since we added these is the color combinations that people come up with. It's one benefit of getting them from us because we stock all of the coro colors, which can be harder to find.

What was really cute was the phone calls I got before Christmas from the Dads buying cage systems for their daughters -- needing color advice. Lots of little color decisions they had to make. Cute.

aeiou

Cavy Slave
Haha. My parents picked them out! They did a good job! :)
I use them to hold pigs as well. They are perfect I would never have been able to make anything like that myself!

KatiesCavies

Cavy Slave
Kind of OT, but wanted to share that my husband made me some custom coroplast boxes to fit inside the bottom parts of my entertainment center (it has like 2 bookcases on either side almost, only very deep) because I needed more storage and because of having babies, I had to empty the bottom part anyway! So he made the boxes and I covered them in fabric, it turned out pretty and added so much storage! And its a lot cheaper than buying baskets ;) So much you can do with coroplast!

TiaColleen

Cavy Slave
Kind of OT, but wanted to share that my husband made me some custom coroplast boxes to fit inside the bottom parts of my entertainment center (it has like 2 bookcases on either side almost, only very deep) because I needed more storage and because of having babies, I had to empty the bottom part anyway! So he made the boxes and I covered them in fabric, it turned out pretty and added so much storage! And its a lot cheaper than buying baskets ;) So much you can do with coroplast!

TiaColleen

Cavy Slave
What a great idea KatiesCavies. I just built my cage and worked with my first piece of cutting coroplast. Very much fun and alot easier then I thought. I love those storage boxes, but hate to pay the price for them. I am definately going to use your idea to make my bins for under my cage. Thank you for sharing!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.