Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage What to build??

~MissyAnn~

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone! I recently got 2 baby guinea pigs, They are both boars. I have 24 grids and am open to ideas on what I can build them for a cage? They are so cute and probably only about 6 weeks old. I will post pics of them soon:)

pinky

Cavy Slave
There are a lot of photos in the "photos" section. Just make sure you baby proof the cage with taller sides until they get to their full size.

Earausch

Cavy Slave
I found that starting with just a basic rectangle 2x4(2x5 is what you are going to want to work up to with two boars as it may help reduce friction between them if you can give them the most space you can) was the easiest for me to get into the C&C. I got my pigs when they were about 3 weeks old and because I have a cat in the house I used my grids off set to make my cage cat and baby proof, but if you do not have predatory animals to worry about pieces of tall cardboard stuck between your coroplast tray and the walls of the grids work or taller coroplast. congrats on the new pigs! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with them

Kfowler5

Cavy Slave
Our two boars are in a stacked 2x4 cage and seem pretty comfortable. If one gets in the others space they can have their own level to themselves. And we got cheap/free coro from a local sign store, misspelled and old campaign signs. The baby proofing is the most important at the moment tho. If you run out of grids, bed bath and beyond always has them on sale out my way. Good luck can't wait to see pics of the pups!

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Go as big as you can! If you have a full sheet, I'd go for a 2x6.

madelineelaine

Cavy Slave
Then you'd have grids left over for a loft, if you wanted, or grid tunnels, or a fleece forest etc.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.