Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

This makes me sick.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
So I always am on craigslist looking at the guinea pigs that are listed and helping where I can. Today I saw a listing put up by a dog and cat rescue. What it boils down to is "He's a guinea pig as we don't care who he goes to. You have to come today because we don't have any more food for him."

The fact that an animal rescue group could care so little makes me sick. I know they aren't a small animal rescue but they are just giving him away! If I had any way of getting down there I would go get him right now. We don't really have space even if I could get down there. We already have a pair of boys, Gidget, and another single boy so we don't have room for another piggy until Izzie gets better and can be paired up with our girls or Gidget. Right now with Izzie in her own cage there is just no room for another.

Though I am spending all of next year in China starting next fall so I can't take on too much, the rescue needs to start getting smaller (Max 2 rescues at a time by spring) not bigger. It just breaks my heart that they are so careless with an animal that was abandoned and brought to them for help.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Is it an actual rescue or someone saying they are a rescue? The fact that they are advertising on CL makes me think the latter, in which case, it's sad, but not quite the same thing as if the HSUS or other legitimate rescue group posted an ad like that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.