Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Help Please

alfieiheartu
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have bread 2 litters of guinea pigs before,
You don't have to say that in every post you make. We are very anti-breeding on this forum. Also the word is "bred" not bread. Bread is something you eat.

You can look in the photo galleries for many types and styles of C&C cages. They are pretty cheap to make.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Guinea pig care has changed drastically. There is always room to learn.

Have you looked over the site? C&C cages are easy and cheap to make. Just get a box of grids and a sheet of coroplast, put together.

Matt & Guins

Cavy Slave
usually I have had more then one at a time so this time we will only have one. I want to treat the piglet like a queen!
You mention that you have had numerous cavies over the years, but why would you consider purchasing just one? The best way to treat your piggy like a queen - would be to get her a companion. Cavies are social animals and thrive when having company.

Even though I'm sure you can spend "alot of time" with the cavy - what's the cavy going to do while your at work/school, out with mates, or even asleep??

The best thing to do would to purchase two so they can have a companion 24/7. There are no real advantages to having just one, two cavies can bond just as well with you as one can.

Matt

alfieiheartu

Piglet

Cavy Slave
For goodness sake, they are called guinea pigs and not Piglets. Baby pigs are called pups! for someone who has bred, (or bread as you wrote in another post) you do not seem very knowledgeable. However, I commend you for asking all these questions - at least you are trying to learn.

Go to the homepage www.guineapigcages.com Read that first and then ask questions please.

You're a human - what would you prefer? Guinea pig company or Human company? The latter of course. Guinea pigs need to be housed with their own kind. They don't care about how much time they spend with you, they need a house mate. Simple as that. When you are asleep for 8 hours of the day, is your pig going to be alone? Duh, of course it is. They need company 24/7 and you can't provide that.

Do you know how many homeless pigs there are all over the country. There is no need for you to bring more pups into the world because there are plenty available at shelters. So no more breeding please.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
What the hell is a pig container? Was it one of those under-bed storage containers? C&C cages are very inexpensive. For 2 pigs you will need a 2x3 (the minimum) but preferably a 2x4. I read that you don't have that much room - well make some. If you can't provide the best care, then just don't get pigs at all.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
There are tons of guinea pigs in rescues and shelters. Every pig you breed, not bread, takes a home away from an already existing pig not to mention the risk to your sow.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Alfie, I hope you have figured out by now that this site is anti-breeding, pro-c&c cages (hence the name of the site) and anti-petstore (ones that sell animals). You can stay and take advice and be willing to learn how to house and properly take care of guinea pigs. But if you're not willing to do what I just mentioned, then this forum is not for you.

alfieiheartu
alfieiheartu
alfieiheartu

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
Alfie, I am seriously warning you. No one is criticizing you, we are educating you but you don't seem to want to listen. Instead you just do crap like "blah blah blah".

You certainly could have stopped the pigs from jumping into each other's cages. It's called a lid.

And I am also going to advise you to stop with the caps. It's considered yelling and not highly looked upon around these parts.

alfieiheartu

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
Then you lock the lid. Come on, even a 10 year old could figure that out.

puzzle

Cavy Slave
I don't want to get into an argument, but might I just say that if you cannot get 2 guinea pigs, then you shouldn't even get one.

alfieiheartu

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I agree with puzzle. If you can't get two or more, don't get any. Why would you want the pig to suffer? Maybe a syrian hamster would be good for you, they can/have to live alone and their cages can be smaller than a guinea pigs.

alfieiheartu
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.