Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Noob Piggy Owner Here!

michizhou

Cavy Slave
Hey! I just got my first piggy (male) a couple months ago. I got my second piggy (male) a few weeks ago & they keep fighting. I adopted both from kijiji, the second one was free as the owner was wanting to get rid of him.

They have a large cage, not the regular store-bought one, but I'm looking into C&C cages. I'm thinking of maybe having a divided cage to prevent fighting? Or maybe they just need more room because the cage I have is only about 2x4 (I know, bad owner!!)

Just wanted to introduce myself & ask for some tips (about C&C cages, new piggies, how to litter train them, should I separate them, etc)

Thanks so much, everyone! I'm excited to join the piggy community! I should've joined a while ago, but I was unsure.. hahaha. Anyways, hi!

Noob Piggy Owner Here!
Norman (first male piggy)
Noob Piggy Owner Here!
Norman enjoying the sun and fresh grass.
Noob Piggy Owner Here!
Norman and Garry (second piggy) meeting for the first time.Noob Piggy Owner Here!
Just a snapshot of Garry.

Awww :) They are so cute! Welcome to the forum! I love C&C cages.... they are great! They are good because you can easily take them apart if needed, or remodel your cage if you want a change. 2x4 isn't too bad, but remeber to give them floor time everyday:) Litter training may be a little difficult to do... I have tried but it didn't quite work out. You should probably seperate your pigs for now, if they are fighting often. Are they biting each other? If so, you should seperate them... Welcome... again!!! :D

They don't bite. They just chase each other around and make loud squeaking noises. I think they're scared. And they chatter their teeth at each other. Also, they seem to get up in each other's faces sometimes.

Hey welcome to the community, your boys are cute and what a great coat on Norman. I actually just bought my grids today to build our first c&c cage. If your in Ontario, Canada Canadian Tire has the grids 4 cubes to a box for $17.50 which is half off so you can get two boxes and get really creative and its always good to have spare parts. I am of no help with litter training. ENJOY

Thank you!! I'm currently at Walmart looking for cage grids & no luck!

Welcome!
See these links For help with your boars:
Guinea Pigs Social Life
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=46468

I just introduced a third young boar to my pair a couple of weeks ago, they all get along great. I think the cage space does have something to do with it and for my three boys I have a 2x4 + 1x1 + 2x3 cage so it's like having a long 2x7 with a 1x1 at the end. For two boars I would suggest having a 2x5, because with boars bigger is always better so they can get away from each other if need be.

btw, you boys are super cute!!

Yes I introduced them on neutral ground (my foyer area) but I think they just simply need more space. I'm currently shopping for C&C supplies lol. Thank goodness for iPhones, eh?!

Haha, yeah. Good luck! Hope you can find some grids with a good deal on them! (;
I'm sure your boys will get along fine; Boys can be boys with their little agrments every now and then.

Found some grids on sale. Now to find chloroplast...

Awwww sweet! My husband's name is Norman. So, I had to show him your Norman. Too cute!

I'm hoping the C&C cage will solve their problems!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.