Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

question about cube and coroplast cage with top

C

cavytopia

question about cube and coroplast cage with top

I noticed on the slide show of the home page there was a photo of a cage which appeared to have a hinged type top. (It's the one with the welcome sign). I remember when I was scanning through the photos on this site the first time I looked that there was a description of that cage and how the hinged top was attached and what was used. Now I can't find the photo again (other than in the slide show) or the description! As we have 4 cats and 1 dog I am really interested in this cage design. Could someone please direct me to the photos and description of that cage? Thanks :)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Re: question about cube and coroplast cage with top

The Welcome sign cage is just on the slide show.

I'll be adding more photos of that very soon (today or tomorrow). It's been on my to-do list for a while. Let me know if you can hold off till I get them up there. Otherwise I'll add an explanation here now.

C

cavytopia

No rush, CavySpirit. As I mentioned in my reply to you in the hutch type cage topic, I need to get my husband gradually acclimated to the idea of building the cage. So whenever the photos and description are up I will look at them then.

M

Minibean

There's a photo of a cat-proof cage with a hinged lid in the cubes and coroplast section too. That's what I'm using as my model. There are also directions on how to make it there. I certainly know what you mean about the gradual acclimation. It tooks me almost a year to convince my parents to let me build this cage, now we have all the materials and it's going to be built by this weekend. Good luck!

C

cavytopia

Thank you!!!! Based on your reply I found the pic and description of the cage with the lid. That is exactly the one I had seen earlier but with so many photos on the site I couldn't locate it again.

We just got our piggies and a rabbit type hutch was included. It is larger than a standard pet store cage but not nearly as large as the cube and coroplast cages. Since my husband doesn't think that we need another cage (as the hutch was free) it may take awhile to acclimate him to the cube and coroplast cages. Hopefully after the holidays I will be able to convince him.

I hope that your cage building goes well this weekend. Post here again and let me know how it turned out. I am especially interested since you are making the cage with a hinged lid. Good luck to you. :)

O

originalfirefly

Does your hubby like to build things? Mind does...I appealled to his love for messing with things. :) I even let him do the design. I didn't get EXACTLY what I wanted, but it works, is big enough, AND he got to build something. Just a thought! (I know hubby's can be hard to convince sometimes!)

Miriam

C

cavytopia

Well, now that's an idea! Hubby's like to do that type of stuff. I will appeal to him that way. :)

P

PapaDean

My wife threatened me with left-overs for a month if I didn't help her acquire and build our cube pen. It worked!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.