Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diarrhea Brown Mushy Poop-Like Stuff in Food Bowl???

mrslong

Cavy Slave
There's this brown mushy stuff in my guinea pig's food bowl?? D: And it's only there??? what is it? D: I'm thinking it's diarrhea or poop cause its the same color as their dropping?? D:

Sounds like possibly diarrhea, or maybe they peed on the last few pellets and they mushed up. Watch them carefully over the next few hours, and if you see any more, cut the veggies out and see if it clears up. If not, it's time for a vet.

It could be them licking or mouthing their pellets. Mine have done that. One of the times was because the pig had a tooth problem and had trouble picking them up. So maybe check their teeth and if it continues get them to a vet anyway, so they can make sure everything is okay.

If it is diarrhea it should be in more places than just the food bowl. Maybe check out the rest of their stools. What do they look like? Is their water bottle or dish anywhere near their pellet dish?

thanks for the replies! i think it was them spitting or something :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.