Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sounds sound like broken squeaker?

cynpz

Cavy Slave
Last week as i was getting ready to feed him, Ritz wheeked and it sounded like his "squeeker was broken." it was a raspy, low pitch type wheek. he hadnt done it again until today. the same situation followed by a few raspy wheeks. could this be a problem or possible uri? his breathing and other behaviors are normal. and it's only a few times between normal wheeks.

I know what you're talking about but not sure why they would make this noise. My Luna makes that noise all the time but she's very healthy with no URI. I figured it was just her.

One of my girls sometimes makes a raspy sounding squeak as well, and she is perfectly healthy, so it very well could just be something he does, but definitely watch him just in case. It COULD be early signs of a URI. If he starts showing any other symptoms: runny nose, runny eyes, wheezing, labored breathing, coughing, sneezing.. anything like that then get him to a vet asap. But piggies make all different noises and it very well could just be something he does. My Jayda tends to do it right before I give her veggies :) Just keep an eye on him!

thank you so much! i checked his eyes, nose, and ears earlier and no signs. hopefully it's nothing! :/

I hope so too!!

One of my guinea pigs has always sounded that way. He has such a raspy squeek but he is perfectly healthy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.