Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Crusty Eyes Is this an infection?

betty

Cavy Slave
Molly's one eye started weeping on Saturday morning (this is when I noticed it). The eye is not cloudy or red and her nose is clear. She is eating/drinking and active. The discharge is yellowish but not crusty. She is blinking the eye more than usual.

I put some saline drops in yesterday but it has not gotten better or worse. Does this warrent a vet visit? If so, does anyone in the Vancouver, BC area have a great cavy vet?

It should have gotten better after you rinsed it, but since it hasn't then she may have scratched the surface and needs antibiotics.

There are some people over at Guinea Lynx who are from your area--perhaps check there for a vet in your area. There are a couple of rescues there, too, so maybe check petfinder and then contact the rescues to see which vet they recommend.

It should have gotten better after you rinsed it, but since it hasn't then she may have scratched the surface and needs antibiotics.

There are some people over at Guinea Lynx who are from your area--perhaps check there for a vet in your area. There are a couple of rescues there, too, so maybe check petfinder and then contact the rescues to see which vet they recommend.

Her eye is fine now without any discharge, so the flushing (did more yesterday) must have worked.

I have also found a local vet through a cavy rescue.

Thanks so much : )

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.