Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New to Piggies!

skyblupink

Cavy Slave
Greetings! I stumbled upon this forum today in my quest for knowledge of the piggie kind! We have always had hamsters in the past and when the last one left us for hamster heaven a few weeks ago, my daughter (she is 10) decided she didn't want any more hamsters. Too painful, she told me. Then we met Violet last week at the Animal Rescue League. The rest is history. She is one-year-old, all black, terribly sweet, and becoming more vocal as the days go by. I think when she gets bored, she calls the dogs for entertainment. :D I have enjoyed reading many posts on here today and look forward to learning so much more. New to Piggies!

Love your username! I used to know somebody by the name of Sky Blue.

Also, have you built a C&C Cage yet? If not, that is the only type of cage to have for your Cavy. All other cages are too small.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you, bpatters. I am thrilled with the wealth of information here! This probably sounds silly, but what are you referring to when you say "stickies?"

Thanks!

They're the threads that are "stuck" to the top of the forums. They're in a different color than the regular threads, and they don't go down by date like the rest of them do.

Thanks Zuidy - I love blue skies and my favorite color is pink....

Until today, I had never heard of a C&C Cage. Violet is currently residing in a 55 gallon aquarium. (1' x 4') (I have a feeling I'm going to get a tongue lashing now.)
I use the wire grids through my house for various storage dilemmas, so I'm familiar with them. I have a space issue. My home is very small and so it will be a bit of a challenge to find the space for the C&C, but I think they are amazing and I'm already making plans!

I would think you could remove the aquarium and replace it with a C&C in the same spot? No tongue lashing from me but glass is really really bad for guinea pigs.

No, no tongue lashings for not knowing. Just for knowing and ignoring. :p

Take a look through the photo galleries -- some people have gotten really creative with space. And you can also raise the cage on grids beneath it, so maybe some things you already have stored in grids could go under the cage.

I will want to keep her out of reach of dogs, so I will have to figure out a way to raise her cage. If I kept her where she currently resides, I wouldn't be able to increase the size of her abode. The wheels are turning. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.